Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Comedian

11-15-2012

But will my FoxUI mod crash when this update comes through?

Vertany

11-15-2012

There's only one thing that always bothered me about the shop, and I really hope it gets 'fixed' with this. Because if you open the shop and then want to counter the enemy team with items and open the scoreboard, you will not be able to see the scoreboard, since the shop will overlay it.

I think that's a wrong construction, since you most of the time only open the scoreboard for a short amount of time by clicking Tab, so you actually want to see that and nothing else in that moment. It takes alot of time to close the shop again, then look at the scoreboard and then open the shop again, maybe even more than one time :/

RipCarlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Yes.

Lvl 100 Latios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Awesome!

Twitchious

11-15-2012

@ Brackhar

Would it be possible to now do the sidebar for teammates? Like this?

Sayath

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
You should be able to I believe. All of the positioning is done with the same base technology.
Wonderful!

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

By the way, I'm seeing "Team0", "Team1", "Team2", "Team3" in here.. 012 can be assumed to be Blue/Purple/Neutral..? But what's 3.. hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
@ Brackhar: Can we still reposition the HUD (via file editing)?
See "Eyefinity" for a current version: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2707151
This should be possible, there's a lot of new files with contents such as this:

Quote:
Type: Text
Name: ADStat
Group: HUDLeft
Enabled: 1
AlwaysRespond: 0
Draggable: 0
Color: 255, 255, 255, 180
Layer: 3
Anchor: 0,1
Rect: 220,956 - 300,970 / 1920x1080
Font: Microsoft YaHei
Size: 14
Align: Left
..but there are a LOT more HUD elements now. For example, when a skill is toggled on and it's ~shiny shiny~ on the icon, each of those has a separate HUD element from the skill itself. The "how many of this item you have" is its own element for each item, etc. ["InventoryItemCount0-5"] There's a lot in the new HUD.

herpderptastic

11-15-2012

Quote:
You should be able to I believe. All of the positioning is done with the same base technology.
That was fast, thanks

Can you fix the eyefinity link? It currently links to an akali upvote thread.

Kahran Ramsus

11-15-2012

Quote:
No. We felt that the new store was holistically a better experience, and continuing to support the old store not only would have delayed the release but also made supporting the store much more costly since all work would need to be doubled. Plus we tried to put some of the new features for the season 3 items in the old store and it was just a terrible experience.
Well that sucks, since everyone here is here to play League and not this DOTA 2 patch.

Zerglinator

11-15-2012

Quote:
Yeah, but you get into crazy questions like should stats only update after you leave the platform as well? If that's the case though, then how do you know effectively if you bought enough to pass a threshold, like for Akali's passive?
What if we actually had the item shop be a car dealership?