Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worlds num1 BF

11-15-2012

I would love if riot would change the view of the camera when playing from the top right hand corner as it is very difficult to aim skillshots. Unpanning your camera alot is ver time efficient and gives alot of room for errors.

Xyltin

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedPorcupine View Post
Ugh, How unoriginal can you get? LoL is getting closer and closer to looking like Dota 2... Pathetic Riot, I could take a screenshot of Dota's UI, Put it Side by side with LoL's UI and you'd see MASSIVE numbers of similarities now...

Let's list the similarities between LoL and Dota now
Commend and report system (Honor system in LoL was implimented AFTER Dota 2 had it for several months) But LOL hat the report system earlier and the leaver buster (only honor system was implemented later)
Replay system (first done by Dota 2, LoL shortly afterwards) (Replay system is nothing new that Dota2 had. Every game gets it at some point; it is like i would say: "lol had the mouse control before Dota2" )
Levels of ability under the Icon (Dota 2 since it's creation, LoL just now getting it) How did Blizzard say: Better well copied than bad invented
Streamligned stats (Dota 2 first did it with the UI remake puting all those numbers in the lower left corner lol had the stats there even longer. Dota2 still sues the old WC3 interface. So Dota2 took actually the whole UI from WC3 but improved the minimap (copied from lol) and added the top pictures. So much work. That is something i could have designed in one day.
Hotkeys visible for Items (Dota 2 since creation, LoL just now doing this) So much new stuff, but hotkeys visible is a thing also WC3 had (except for items) and every MMO has
Items now show cost for all items that are components and show the items it builds into (Dota 2's shop since creation, LoL just now getting it.) That could be. But again, it is such a plain feature. But maybe you would call all MMOs stupid cause they copied the Action bars from each other. They all use it. They also use skills. OMG, skills.
Search Function for items that includes the slang for item names (Dota 2 since forever, LoL just now getting it) Sure, cause Valve has the patent for search functions. Maybe they should take money from google cause they seemed to have copied the search function from Dota2.

Need I go on? The similarities are getting annoying and just making LoL players say that Dota is copying more and more stuff from LoL because they don't know that Dota came first.
You could go on, cause most of your arguments are pretty stupid.
Especially cause Valve did actual copy everything for Dota2 from other games (mainly WC3 and LOL).

And do you know: My Razor keyboard has the same layout than my Logitech keyboard. Maybe i should stop using one, cause they obviously copied the layout.
And Dota2 copied the playstyle from AOS. OMG, they are so bad.
Dota2 copied the MM idea from lol.

I could go on with such useless and stupid things.

ZeroKuno

11-15-2012

They should add the Legacy HUD as an option to keep the old one. That would be a great idea. The new HUD is taking more space than I want it to be. It's cool to have borders and stuff but I am already trying to cut down on it as much as possible.

Flinkus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I know its much, but adjustable HUD would be amazing, i find myself on purple team and missing 3/10 of my view because giant HUD in the way and im just to lazy to play with an unlocked screen.

Dragoonix

11-15-2012

ugly ugly ugly, i hope it plays solid :S

Scantor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I think it would be cool if in your profile there was a tab like masteries and runes, that you could pick a custom build (items) and name it, then pick it like you would runes and masteries in champ select. I think this would be very convientient

Tzolos

11-15-2012

Deathfire Grasp: Activate to increase all magic damage done to an enemy champion. Did anyone else notice this?

OgreSamanosuke

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedPorcupine View Post
Ugh, How unoriginal can you get? LoL is getting closer and closer to looking like Dota 2... Pathetic Riot, I could take a screenshot of Dota's UI, Put it Side by side with LoL's UI and you'd see MASSIVE numbers of similarities now...

Let's list the similarities between LoL and Dota now
Commend and report system (Honor system in LoL was implimented AFTER Dota 2 had it for several months)
Replay system (first done by Dota 2, LoL shortly afterwards)
Levels of ability under the Icon (Dota 2 since it's creation, LoL just now getting it)
Streamligned stats (Dota 2 first did it with the UI remake puting all those numbers in the lower left corner
Hotkeys visible for Items (Dota 2 since creation, LoL just now doing this)
Items now show cost for all items that are components and show the items it builds into (Dota 2's shop since creation, LoL just now getting it.)
Search Function for items that includes the slang for item names (Dota 2 since forever, LoL just now getting it)

Need I go on? The similarities are getting annoying and just making LoL players say that Dota is copying more and more stuff from LoL because they don't know that Dota came first.
Well, you heard it here first folks. If something is a good idea, but has been done by someone else first, you aren't allowed to do it. Oh wait, this is the games industry, where this is normal practice. Because why the hell would you see someone do something better, then ignore it? (Unless you're Square-Enix.)

LoL and DOTA2 are still fundamentally different games. Gameflow and mechanics share similiarities, but that's about as far as it goes. If you're so in love with DOTA2, wtf are you doing here? For every one good thing DOTA2 has that LoL has "taken" there are 10 other awful ideas I'm glad they didn't take, or removed from old DOTA.

The only thing that DOTA2 has wholesale better than LoL is the map. It's far more interesting to look at, at the cost of a worse HUD and character designs that are still clearly Warcraft 3 characters.

herpderptastic

11-15-2012

I saw the opposite of this question answered but didn't see mine anywhere.

Will the HUD properly scale with larger resolutions like 5760x1080?

Currently HUD elements get set way too far away from the center of the screen and the defeat/victory window's continue button is off-screen, forcing larger resolution players to hit esc after every match and wait 5 seconds to leave.

If not will it still be possible to move HUD elements like the minimap?

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-15-2012
40 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
@ Brackhar: Can we still reposition the HUD (via file editing)?
See "Eyefinity" for a current version: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2707151
You should be able to I believe. All of the positioning is done with the same base technology.