Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-15-2012

Quote:
Nestrinast:
What does the Shop display when no filters are selected? Consumables maybe? Is there a way to instantly clear the filters/search bar?

It reverts to the "All Items" category.
Which is all items.

Since changing categories sends the scroll list to the top, this actually makes getting to cheap and consumable items rather convenient in my experience since all those get filtered to the top by incident (being low total cost and all).

yoshiwaan

11-15-2012

What about those of us who use the metric system and would prefer to do tonnes of damage?

NotBuzzJack

11-15-2012

So no more regrowth pendant Vayne?

xXRagingBronerXx

11-15-2012

Custom Recommended Items!

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-15-2012

I've been working as the design consultation on this and was really involved with the initial design of the new shop. I think you guys will be quite happy.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

Quote:
TheEnigmaBlade:
That's good! I'm not out of a job yet.
You can put it on your resume that the Famous Wriggle says you're awesome.

Because you're awesome.
Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Oh sure!
Did you know that a not-anchored Nautilus and Xerath weigh approximately the same?
Does a Xerath without his sarcophagus or a Nautilus without his suit weigh more?

UnFayzed

11-15-2012

I feel like there is something that needs to be done about the purple team HUD.
everyone i know, including myself, hates purple team because its hard to see with the HUD blocking the bottom of the screen.

Maybe there should be an option that lets you put the HUD on the top of the screen or something. Would be a great help (:

Chillio

11-15-2012

I really dont like the new hud. Reason why

It just takes away the effect of how LoL is being portrayed at the moment, Why make gold/items soo big in the hud or even make the hp/mana bar so diffrent. I'd seriously love the hud how it is at the moment.

Shop

Why add a search bar when there is hardly any items actually in the game? I mean come on.. It's not really useful in some ways.

ExceedingLimits

11-15-2012

Quote:
LowPolyCount:
I feel it's unintuitive to have an undo feature that would only work during the first minute or two of the game. I suspect that doing it like that would lead to a lot of confusion.

If we're going to do an undo function, we have to do it right. We would have to make sure all the crazy edge cases are caught and accounted for before it was released.

I know me personally, along with some of my friends, have always questioned why there isn't a quick sell-back option. I know sometimes I've accidentally purchased two the same items before because I was double-clicking too fast (Philostone I'm looking @ you). Is there not a way to code for a 3 or 5 second timer before an item becomes permanent and only retains the half-cost sellback?

hellic

11-15-2012

Awesome!