Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spit Bucket

11-15-2012

to be honest i dont like how it looks.

nothing is wrong with the current interface

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Estibou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Will there be an option to choose between the hud as previewed in this topic, and the old one? I don't quite like how it looks(/feels?). Don't get me wrong, I know you guys put in a lot of effort but just a preference.

chemiclord

11-15-2012

When I read the title of the article, I swear I thought it said, "Item Shop and Game HUE Updates."

I'm going to Hell.

HalfCharge

11-15-2012

Does that turret have an item...?

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit Bucket View Post
to be honest i dont like how it looks.

nothing is wrong with the current interface

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
There's nothing wrong with my gameboy color, why do they need to release a gameboy advance? ):<

Dynal

11-15-2012

Question for those of us at lower or non-widescreen resolutions (1280:1024 here).

How does the new UI scale? The current one has some issues on resolutions that aren't 1920:1080. Notably the minimap and most popup windows don't seem to scale down with the rest of the UI.

One small nitpick about aesthetics as well. My impression of the new colour scheme is that it's a rather sharp departure from the established theme of the league. That is, dark greys and greyed-out blues. Why the change to more gold hues?

Spit Bucket

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovy13 View Post
Will there still be a way to dismiss the graphical flourishes? I just want brute information, and could do away with all the trimings to each box. The minimap in particular, I feel, should be strictly just the map, and no thick borders or buttons on top, since it already takes up so much real estate just by being what it is. I also find the glowing jewels on Skills bits to be a bit distracting. I know there's an attempt to be made to make them pretty, but they don't need to be pretty, just fluid and easy to interpret information as quickly as possible. There's something to be said about the bland look of the original HUD, since it makes more useful information, like HP and mana, stick out, as they should.

There's an elegance to simplicity, and I think that's really what should be strove for in a HUD.
i agree, i like the look of the old one a lot better, it was simple and fluid, and everything that was important stuck out.

NobSaiboot

11-15-2012

Me likey. Looks a lot more smooth.

Spit Bucket

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
There's nothing wrong with my gameboy color, why do they need to release a gameboy advance? ):<
because technology advanced so they made a new one.

Torinux

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawr Pinkie Pie View Post
i dont think it looks anything like dota 2 if you ask me..
Attachment 558479
number on the itemslots
dots indicating the spell level
the shop UI

Who cares I like how the UI looks in DOTA and I will love it in LoL even more!