Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommandShockwave

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Those tools will not work.

Recommended items has changed pretty significantly.
I've attached an example of what it will look like (though, with slightly more iteration).
Dude, what are those other two items at the top?!

Reinboom pls!

Ponts

Senior QA Analyst

11-15-2012
13 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsair View Post
QUESTION ABOUT FLIPPED MINIMAPS
Will the border along the side of the map be mirrored properly for flipped minimaps? It isn't on the current UI. Always bugged me.
Yes, that issue should be fixed with the new art!

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:

I've attached an example of what it will look like (though, with slightly more iteration).
hey what are the extra 2 itens you can make with Catalyst?

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:

What do Sion/other multi option champs screens look like?

Tarrent

11-15-2012

I love the idea of streamlining a lot of this and of making it easier to read, but the style and button colors remind me of a protoss UI. It looks very scifi and doesn't seem to fit the fantasy style League has.

Minzzway

11-15-2012

Does that turret have an item or something?

Fire Swamp

11-15-2012

Is the shop a different color in the colorblind mode?

Keeven

11-15-2012

I like how everything looks expect the inventory. The $ icon also kinda weirds me out.

e Hydrogen

Senior Recruiter

11-15-2012

I feel like it would be really useful if you added hotkeys to buying items. Like with the old HUD, you press "D" to go into defense, "H" into health or something. then "R" to buy a ruby crystal. So you could memorize how to buy a ruby crystal really fast, you just press DHR and you can go. This would be similar to CS 1.6 (one of the first games i played) where you could just buy items really fast at spawn. I think it would give options to people who prefer to buy things just by typing letters. It would be more efficient for certain players

Toysoldier

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
I've been investigating this for the new shop. There are a couple edge cases I'm worried about.

I think how this is going to work is that the item shop will return to it's default position when you change your resolution, but other than that have it remember it's position from game to game. I'm not sure if we will have this for the inital release, but I'll see what I can do.

It would take more time to have the older popups like scoreboard do this so I'm not sure if/when that would happen.
Part of the reason I moved them is so I can see more of the screen, but also I move the store window so it is against the minimap and just above the level up buttons on skills. In the past you could click something in the store and accidentally level a skill behind it. It was habit to avoid misclick leveling of skills.

Can we have an option to see ally player skills and what they have leveled when we click on them? So we can get an idea of what they are doing and maybe to have the clock style cooldown on their skills. So if for instance we are in lane with a Blitzcrank we can know when they will get their pull up.

As an ADC laning with a Blitz I like to kill minions at the edge of the group so there is more space to pull. Often killing one so the Blitz can pull as I kill it so the enemies can't react as well. Being able to time this with the cooldown on their skill would be nice.

Essentially the more info we can know about our teammates and what they are doing and when they can would be nice. Like CD on summoner spells too.