Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Is it possible to have favorite items? Pre-filtered lists of items? That way I could have a different set of items ready for my mundo jungle build vs my adc build, but minimal effort to find them.

SwoopSwoop

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldv95 View Post
can you put an option to rotate the map plz ? when we are playing in purple team its hard to see the bottom screen
^^^^^^
This. PLEEEEEASSSE!

judersb

11-25-2012

I HATE this new shop and HUD!!! I understand trying to streamline the purchasing system to make shop stops faster but I don't think it was done well. I don't think it needed to be changed at all.

I do like the search option on the shop, though. Maybe I just need to give it time. I don't know :S

CrystalEyesxx

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity R View Post
Wow.. That image, The way they have it setup is a DIRECT copy off of DOTA 2.

Like i am not even kidding.

Look at the screenshot below and i have seen atleast 4 other comments saying the same thing. I also posted their Image's to make it easier to compare.

But this is PROOF!

Incoming Dislikes but its because its true..

All in All i like they are coming up with new ideas and doing new things but copying another game, is just upsetting, surely someone on RIOT staff have obviously played DoTA and said Oh we need this and this, lol I really hope they didnt actually do that but it REALLY looks like that is what has been done, The search bar is basically in the same spot in the two shots.
It's a HUD. Most games have one, and most of them look the same, especially in RTS/MOBA games.

You act as if these concepts are completely original on part of DOTA, which they are not. Creating more organization and customization within the UI is a good addition, regardless of how much you want to compare it to DoTA.

ameranne

11-26-2012

i love how i see thumbs down for the comments that state that the new shop looks like dota 2. I'm tired of reading negativity when people point out facts when they come across it..
well here is a news flash IT LOOKS LIKE DOTA 2..
i don't like dota or dota 2 but i've played it enough to recognize the similarities when i see them. i really hope the new items make it to live and all but as for the interface please keep it original and steer away from dota designs.. its shallow and looks plagiarized.

@CrystalEyesxx yea but the fact is IT STILL LOOKS LIKE DOTA 2. and saying that most look the same is just pathetic.. LOL has a ton of champs that look like dota rips which was funny at first but now majority of these new changes are looking awfully familiar only thing missing now is a courier that runs ur store bought items to your champion and viola DOTA 2.

I do give em a kudos tho for the new 3v3 map and playstyle because it's new and original atleast to me.

TopHeadhunter

11-26-2012

so.... do we know when this new patch will be applied? gettin kind of tired of reading about all these updates, i wanna see em implimented

Lostdreamers

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHeadhunter View Post
so.... do we know when this new patch will be applied? gettin kind of tired of reading about all these updates, i wanna see em implimented
yeah i am really anticipating the changes to the HUD and everything but come on.. you're ruining it here..it is not even on the launcher any more BUT there has not even been that many other news items AND its still not in effect, *super sad face RIOT*

Misogi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

This game needs a gold per 5 item that is T-Force equivalent, combining them all, perhaps with a passive extra bonus to gold gained for minion kills champ kills/assists. You have to sacrifice way to much in masteries and runes in order to stay afloat in gold and xp. The current meta, especially for supports is atrocious.

Hoopzenator

11-29-2012

I realise I may just be at the end of a long list of whingers, but really, you advertise that the UI will change, and then do nothing and say nothing about it.

*Looks at watch* -.-

Awaken Razure

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldv95 View Post
can you put an option to rotate the map plz ? when we are playing in purple team its hard to see the bottom screen
There is one in the in game options..