Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thepajamaking

11-20-2012

LOOKS GREAT! I hope you can click on the filter name instead of the tiny boxes to select them. Plus, they should have kept the colour blue or at least a brighter more forest green. Clicking anywhere on the field outside the store box should automatically close the store. The quantity and key #s for the items (bottom left) are confusing. Finally, a custom planner in the store where you can select and view items for future buying would be helpful. Overall though, it looks great! Good work!

BirdmanThc

11-20-2012

This is quite the upgrade, it's gorgeous.

MSF72

11-21-2012

I love the new look. Does this mean we can customize the recommended items without having to download an item customizer now?

In addition to this, the only other recommendations and questions that I can think of that relate to this are;

1) How many items can we have listed for this recommended customization? Is it the standard six items like it is currently? Or will it be open to improvisation with more than six listed? From the new look of it, it seems to offer that second option.

2) I play with camera lock on, and I'm not a bad player in my own opinion. But I use the spacebar as a quick key to toggle the camera lock. The next big addition is that I feel the game needs additional zoom out options. It's hard to play the game with camera lock on, not that most players do this, but for those that do, it's difficult to play skillshot champs with this on. For instance, Fizz's ultimate Shark Throw is difficult to use with camera lock on. I play with the toggle for this reason, but it would be much more convenient if this wasn't always the case for fast-paced scenarios such as these.

Just additional suggestions. Aside from these suggestions, keep it up Riot you're doing a great job!

Eriq Reni

11-21-2012

Not sure if this has been covered yet, however would like to know if there is anyway we could toggle the mini map, I find it frustrating when I get targeted by someone and can't see them on my screen because they are behind it.

Sacrafides

11-21-2012

Go season 3!!!!!

GunzRX

11-21-2012

I think you should add something like a lane matchup thing where it can show the cs/gold of a person you're laning against or add the gold counts for people in the game so that it is much easier to see who to focus etc. as it's not always clear who is more 'fed'.

It seems weird that we get all these stats but are pretty much guessing if that 10/0 person if more fed than that guy who maybe 5/2 but has much more cs. Also, in the new interface will you be able to adjust the minimap separately from the rest of it still?

miqe14

11-21-2012

after playing a few games on the pbe with this update i hate it it is the worst it new item shop and items destroyed my build none of the items are there anymore and even the old stand bys like a warmogs you changed it, the hud is ok, the shop is hard to navigate i hate, the game just isnt the game i loved to play this update ruined it ive played for a couple years now and im thinking about quitting if this makes though

Sir Vahhgs

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by miqe14 View Post
after playing a few games on the pbe with this update i hate it it is the worst it new item shop and items destroyed my build none of the items are there anymore and even the old stand bys like a warmogs you changed it, the hud is ok, the shop is hard to navigate i hate, the game just isnt the game i loved to play this update ruined it ive played for a couple years now and im thinking about quitting if this makes though
It's just a HUD update. It's not like it changes the game and how its played drastically. If you don't like it then you should uninstall. Pretty simple actually. You need to relax.

immortal rocker

11-21-2012

i wanted to ask whether you are going to update the thumbnails for champions as well like for e.g if i have a tf underworld skin would it show in the thumbnail while playing or the plain old thumbnail would be shown?!

lIlIlIlIllIlIllI

11-21-2012

just looks terrible. please stick with the classic HUD-style... IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT