Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

I just notcied that on the skill bars(the one in the middle) it has blue crystals. are those going to change to purple if im on the otherside? if so that would be awsome. if not then it was worth a shot at asking

Zorkbonn

11-19-2012

i play in Locked screen when is riot going to make it to where you can panel the screen and turn it around. at least a 180 view would great because when i get purple team i literally just want to kill myself and stop playing.

iKill Youh

11-19-2012

How Come I Haven't Gotten This Update ? My HUD & Shop Still Have The Old Look..

Cheeseyoger

11-19-2012

all i want honestly is to be able to rotate the camera and move the hud parts to different sides of the screen for playing on purple team. that would be legit.

these updates look nice, and streamlining the shop is definitely good, but we need some more functionality updates in regards to the screen

oh, and the shop icons do look like they might be a bit small, maybe make them a little larger so players can quickly double click them to buy without much risk of misclicking?

Hoist The Colors

11-19-2012

@iKill Youh cause it's not out yet they release it next patch

Deaf Note

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

I love it it looks awesome great job riot. whens the update i cant wait?

Darkness Beckons

11-19-2012

why do we cant see the gold earned (real time) or the avaibility of ally summoner spells, just ults?

boourns

UI Designer

11-19-2012
54 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
And it was a road worth traveling wouldn't you agree? Hopefully it's a road you continue to travel when needed with other parts of LoL.

So i've been looking up the Dota 2 huds etc and i'm confused. In what way is LoL's hud and other moba games huds/in-game store any way similar? I can't see it even slightly. Yes LoL brought on things like showing your mp/hp regen in the mana/health bar as well as the dots telling you the levels of your skills but so what? They're good and logical ideas, why wouldn't you? And those minor inclusions don't make the hud a carbon copy of DotA's hud.
The item shop is the one thing I've most wanted to redesign since I started here almost two years ago.

BeethovenThe2nd

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkbonn View Post
i play in Locked screen when is riot going to make it to where you can panel the screen and turn it around. at least a 180 view would great because when i get purple team i literally just want to kill myself and stop playing.
I play with a locked screen as much as i can- thus the reason i love the blue side- and this guy here knows what its like to be on purple and go "UGH >.<" while i do play with an unlocked screen when i have to, i think it is a good idea to have a rotation device or something of the nature.

Apollinarius

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
And it was a road worth traveling wouldn't you agree? Hopefully it's a road you continue to travel when needed with other parts of LoL.

So i've been looking up the Dota 2 huds etc and i'm confused. In what way is LoL's hud and other moba games huds/in-game store any way similar? I can't see it even slightly. Yes LoL brought on things like showing your mp/hp regen in the mana/health bar as well as the dots telling you the levels of your skills but so what? They're good and logical ideas, why wouldn't you? And those minor inclusions don't make the hud a carbon copy of DotA's hud.
The visibility of skill ranks and how they are displayed is almost identical to Dota 2's. That is also incidentally the only part of Dota 2's hud that I thought was better than LoL's.

I'm going to wait until the final iteration of the store rework before casting my judgement on that. While I agree that LoL's store wasn't perfect, Dota 2's store was a travesty for me. It was one of the most unfriendly things for new players in the entire game. (I wasn't actually new, I played Dota in WC3 for years. I was just new to Dota 2's UI and I couldn't find anything I wanted in the store).