Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueJusticee

11-15-2012

Why not make it so we can set our own recommended items?

You said you want us to have build diversity, i can understand having a set list of recommended items to get you going. But making that list static goes against the majority of us having said build diversity.

Also, every champion I play,I have to search for "core" items every game cause they're not on "your" list. This update seems kinda derp. Fix the problem next time perhaps?

Sauzeles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Level 8 Kog'Maw at 2:15... what is your secret?!

T 2 teh imeless

11-15-2012

I wish we could change around it around, possibly save a build or two in the recommended items? Maybe have it completely personalized for each person.

Trinity R

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
^^^
Yeah, I never understood the point of this argument. Is the point that we shouldn't have a search feature at all because it exists in another game? 'Cause that just seems silly.

You'll be able to customize your build outside the game via an API, like what existed before. The titles of each of the categories are customizeable as well I believe, so you can easily do a grid view with a "Jungle Darius" build next to a "Attack Speed Darius" build or whatever. Full on integrated UI support for customizeable item lists would have delayed getting this out though, so we punted on it for now.

Yeah, but you get into crazy questions like should stats only update after you leave the platform as well? If that's the case though, then how do you know effectively if you bought enough to pass a threshold, like for Akali's passive?

fairly childish response, I mean he did say if you put two screenshots togther (I already done that you can find it on Page 101) That they look exactly the same.

The arguement here is that It is a direct Copy PASTA, Use the search function in a different location or to help us swallow it, tell us how you came to these "Solutions" because like everyone is saying it looks like you have just played a game of DoTA and said ok we need THAT in our game, and havent been very creative in even CHANGING THE FONT.

Seriously the font is the same between the two games, THAT is what upsets us, Like the Zuckerberg arguement, Noone that creates a CHAIR owes the Creator of the CHAIR Money,

BUTTTT!!!! You need to do something to make it atleast look like this isnt being taken from another game AND IF IT IS!! Give them credit, or say, Simply viewing how successful this is working for our competitor we have agreed to adopt this idea aswell, Or

"The old shop was in much need of a search function DUE to the fact our shop has many items and want to streamline the shopping experience this has long since been overdue."

I Mean again gonna get dislikes but im here to help, To challenge, To ensure us (The Community) get what is needed, and what is needed is not a copy pasta from another game, Sadly.

Rottley

11-15-2012

Looks Awesome Thx Riot

CensoredCat

11-15-2012

Everything seems so smoother, I'm sure I'll enjoy this update.
Good job mates.

Jaxsyn

11-15-2012

I like the updates for this... I was wondering though if you could also make a slight moderation to the recommended items to be a default by nature for new players but also for intermediate players who play a diverse champion base to make it to where they can implement their own "recommended items" so that they don't have to search and think what they are looking for but it is right there for them... I know that some of you will say noob and what not to this comment but either way I play a lot of champions and sometimes when I haven't played a champ in a while... IE I just played amumu for the first time in about 50 games or so and found my self think omg what is it that I wanted to buy... which I know sounds like I am retarded but I literally forgot what I wanted and I was playing him a different role than usual ... enough of making myself sound like an idiot but thought this would be a good thing to add to the game ... long story short make recommended items customizable to each summoner for each champion they can select a list of items

KonDragonSlayer

11-15-2012

I Think people dont like it because its new, but given time we will adjust to it, in my opinion it looks great, cleaner and structured interface. Good Job Riot!

Stailokman

11-15-2012

hello

illwillkill

11-15-2012

This is my two cents, maybe some of you might agree and others might not.

I've always prided myself on telling other gamers/people that League is one of the most user friendly MOBAs for new players. I'm okay with the new UI but I have a feeling anyone just starting the game will find it at least 20% more difficult to figure out. The old UI was simplistic and didn't have any big borders or anything.
It's only mainly two things that are bugging me. One, showing the hotkey for the item activations, its going to be more than a little confusing at first as one can see from the screen shots that pots/wards will have numbers next to them as well. Not to say we won't get used to it, but still. Second, on the left side of the shop, half of it is now useless to me and would seem to take longer to find items at first. I'm sure it would be easier for those of us new to league and don't know what items to buy, but for most vets we prefer to delve into the shop and look for the items manually ourselves, no? So that whole categorizing/box ticking half of the left side of the shop is just taking up space for where i want to see more items instead of having to no scroll, maybe if you just changed it so that icon view will rid me of the box ticking?
And all this adds to a not very user friendly interface for new and old players, the new UI (other than the shop, which is actually pretty clean) is a clusterf***.

That said I'm enjoying the fact you can see your own CS in the KD bar without having to tab. Now if only I can see it on enemy team champions without having to tab too! Must have more CS than enemy team ADC rawr! Also the ability to see how many points you've put into skills are great, really, but it feels pushed for space.. very clustered which is why I don't enjoy seeing the hotkeys for my item activates either.

Oh and someone else does have a point, the new shop is nice but they have not implemented a way for us to custom recommended items, which is what most of us most desperately wants if I'm right.
Maybe it takes more skill or time to implement something like that but if you can do all this fancy stuff with the shop such as catagorize it better and changing the UI so dramatically... surely the custom recommended items function would be the first priority to add in as opposed to this..

These are just my views, maybe I'm qqing but I know what I like, some parts of the new UI I definitely don't like. Vote up if you think riot needs to see some of my points.