Silver borders for all of season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Engineer Diab

11-15-2012

I played my ten placement matches and did very well carrying my team in most matches. I am now in gold tier, but every time I enter a match, people flame me for having a silver border and end up blaming me for their deaths and such. Is there any way to get a gold border, or will I be stuck with a silver border even if I attain platinum in season 3?

Voidgolem

11-15-2012

presumably when season 3 ends you'll get whatever frame is appropriate.

that'll be awhile.

Bless

11-15-2012

It's a season 2 reward for your achievements in season 2. If you wanted a gold border you should have reached gold in season 2. Stick it out and let the "flaming" be motivation to do better this season.

Engineer Diab

11-15-2012

So I'll continually get flamed for having a silver border? People tend to assume the worst and complain about things they wouldn't normally complain about just because I'm silver. For example, I had three kills and no deaths and I tower dove, stupid on my part, but it happens. All I seem to hear now is "That's because you're silver", "****ing silver", "noob silver", "gg we have silver"

Engineer Diab

11-15-2012

they should at least allow players to disable their borders to avoid negative assumptions

SplendidSorrow

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiab12 View Post
Is there any way to get a gold border, or will I be stuck with a silver border even if I attain platinum in season 3?

Yes there is! Just build a time machine, go back in time, and earn a completely different season 2 reward! Barring that, yes you're stuck with your season 2 reward through season 3 as being awesome in season 3 (especially pre-season) has nothing to do with season 2.

30 Helens

11-15-2012

As I understood it, the border would only appear for games in which you queued still ranked in that tier. I guess that only works one way, though; silver border as long as you stay at or above silver tier. If you drop below that, it's supposed to disappear. It should work both ways, but apparently not.

Have fun with that stigma.

Edit: why the **** would anyone downvote that?!

Blaine Tog

11-15-2012

Quote:
they should at least allow players to disable their borders to avoid negative assumptions
Then people would just assume you're Bronze.

jsgnextortex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
then youll be blamed for having no border, thats even worse xD

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
So I'll continually get flamed for having a silver border? People tend to assume the worst and complain about things they wouldn't normally complain about just because I'm silver. For example, I had three kills and no deaths and I tower dove, stupid on my part, but it happens. All I seem to hear now is "That's because you're silver", "****ing silver", "noob silver", "gg we have silver"
Don't set yourself up for being flamed. And don't dive.