Best PC Gaming Headset?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Brute

11-08-2012

I am looking for a new headset for Christmas, one with a microphone and excellent quality. I have been doing research and the and found Turtle Beach z6a's seem the best for what I am looking for. Do you guys have any inputs about these or about your own personal experiences with past headsets? Any discussion is much appreciated, THANKS!

Drakojan

11-08-2012

Apple Headphones.
/thread

Pyr0n1c

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I use these http://www.plantronics.com/images/ca...gamecom367.jpg

they are really comfy and cost about $49AUD. and comes with 1 or 2 years warrenty so they're worth the money.

Bwdzxc

11-11-2012

I use turtle beach Z11 love them! Got them for $40

Dialogic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Decent quality headphones + standalone mic > any headset.

ShadowDark

11-15-2012

Using a Steelseries Siberia headset, and it's very comfortable, but I've only had it around six months and the mic is already starting to fizzle. I don't fiddle with it either. Before this, I used a Turtle Beach X11, which was awesome, but snapped in half after falling off my desk for the hundredth time. I'm thinking about replacing my current headset with an X12.

BigManTing

11-15-2012

I use turtlebeach x11s, they might not be the best but the quality is great and they're very comfortable.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-15-2012

Headset
Excellent Quality
Microphone

Pick two......

To put it bluntly, you aren't going to find an excellent quality headset with a microphone built in. Even the best gaming headsets pale in comparison to a proper headset that you add your mic to. The drawback to a higher end proper headset is you typically need a proper sound card with a built in amp to drive them, as their resistance(Ohms) is FAR higher than even the best "gamer" headset.

But the great news is that even the lower cost headsets in this category are still better than the best "gamer headsets".

So, options?

Start with this mic...
http://www.modmic.com/

Then grab yourself a proper pair of headphones....

Shure SRH440
Sennheiser HD 449
Sony's MDR series...

You can find a ton of great headphones around $100 that will be much higher quality in both construction and sound than gaming headsets.