Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Changes on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EllieEnchanted

11-17-2012

I have a feeling that some champions are really going to be op from these new items, i can see people who are good tower divers be AMAZING. and people like xin and trynd are going to dominate with those new items. im sure riot will tweak these items to be more balaced soon but untill then its going to be a very bloody month or two.

PeLuKa4

11-17-2012

No esta actualizando sale error y en ingles hay cola de 10 horas
pofa

Shinjusuke

Recruiter

11-17-2012

@Morello

What are you doing about some of the more obvious balance issues? Just to name a few, the fact that Blackfire Torch, which is the weaker version of Liandry's Lament, makes Singed a simultaneous AP carry and ultra tank on the Twisted Treeline? Or that you've nerfed AP Ezreal again with the Lich Bane changes (less important but still frustrating for those of us who play him). What about the fact that because you wanted to make "melee champions viable", by releasing new items that essentially make ALL the melee champs better, you've made champions who were melee and already very powerful (Fiora, Jax, Gangplank, for example) probably overpowered?

What about the fact that supports can essentially have several more summoner spells to use by just stacking the active-ability items, or the fact that those "support" items are viable on more than just supports and as such can lead to serious issues in the laning phase?

What are you guys doing about the fact that the reworked jungle stagnates the early game jungler's abilities to useless (what's the point of playing Nocturne when your level 2 gank is going to be pitiful?), or the fact that multiple junglers, (for example Hecarim and Nautilus) have received rather large nerfs because of this new setup?

You guys claimed that you wanted to make the game more active, but the map is still the same, which means all that you've really done by making the jungle harder is cut out multiple fun and enjoyable champs who could jungle before and are now just plain not going to work, Not to mention you've made early ganks, which defined the progress of the mid-game, a seeming impossibility outside of a full 5man premade team. Now there's little point to playing a jungler as opposed to a 2 man top lane, and letting one of them roam after level 6.

Just some questions guys here at my college campus and I have been wondering. As far as we can tell it REALLY looks like this wasn't entirely thought through, or at least you guys didn't think about all the champions it would affect when you decided you were bored with how your game works...

Lightvein

11-17-2012

Quote:
Shinjusuke:
@Morello

What are you doing about some of the more obvious balance issues? Just to name a few, the fact that Blackfire Torch, which is the weaker version of Liandry's Lament, makes Singed a simultaneous AP carry and ultra tank on the Twisted Treeline? Or that you've nerfed AP Ezreal again with the Lich Bane changes (less important but still frustrating for those of us who play him). What about the fact that because you wanted to make "melee champions viable", by releasing new items that essentially make ALL the melee champs better, you've made champions who were melee and already very powerful (Fiora, Jax, Gangplank, for example) probably overpowered?

What about the fact that supports can essentially have several more summoner spells to use by just stacking the active-ability items, or the fact that those "support" items are viable on more than just supports and as such can lead to serious issues in the laning phase?

What are you guys doing about the fact that the reworked jungle stagnates the early game jungler's abilities to useless (what's the point of playing Nocturne when your level 2 gank is going to be pitiful?), or the fact that multiple junglers, (for example Hecarim and Nautilus) have received rather large nerfs because of this new setup?

You guys claimed that you wanted to make the game more active, but the map is still the same, which means all that you've really done by making the jungle harder is cut out multiple fun and enjoyable champs who could jungle before and are now just plain not going to work, Not to mention you've made early ganks, which defined the progress of the mid-game, a seeming impossibility outside of a full 5man premade team. Now there's little point to playing a jungler as opposed to a 2 man top lane, and letting one of them roam after level 6.

Just some questions guys here at my college campus and I have been wondering. As far as we can tell it REALLY looks like this wasn't entirely thought through, or at least you guys didn't think about all the champions it would affect when you decided you were bored with how your game works...

They're releasing it in the preseason so that millions can put these balance changes to the test and they can make changes accordingly before the next competitive season of LoL begins.

Shinjusuke

Recruiter

11-17-2012

Yes, but some of these are just plain.. well... OBVIOUS problems. Like "should-not-have-made-it-past-the-brainstorming-session" ideas. The fact that they're even here is kind of scary. Take Liandry's Torment for example: They released the Black Fire Torch on the PBE Twisted Treeline, the new "Beta" Twisted Treeline, and seemingly STILL have failed to notice it's caused singed to be played almost every game because of the unstoppable force it makes him. Some of these decisions are just plain not being thought through, and as such, I present my inquiries to Morello.

On another note, WHAT on earth made them think the new Morello's is balanced? are they just TRYING to make vlad/mundo/swain useless? The nerfs to Rabacap (while buffing Bloodthirster, which I still don't understand) and Lich Bane were unnecessary, so now why would you proceed to make an already good item so overpowered? Riot, honestly, what are you thinking when these balance decisions occur...? Many of us here want to know.

Topopo

11-17-2012

You keep mentioning Twisted Treeline. Twisted Treeline is just not going to matter much. Balancing SR in any way, shape or form comes absolutely first. That is just how it is, and whining about promptness or otherwise is irrelevant as it does not increase the speed at which Twisted Treeline will receive any changes.

You're also saying 'many' in presumption that your personal idealogies and opinions are shared boardwide. Using the word 'obvious' is also pointless.

Please stop.

Shinjusuke

Recruiter

11-18-2012

For starters, you either can't read or are just opting not to. Either that, or you're just opting to assume you know what you're talking about.

The Twisted Treeline is where they are playtesting new items before moving them into summoner's rift. The fact that Black Fire Torch is the original form of Liandry's Torment is obvious, and Black Fire Torch is a broken item on several champions in the Twisted Treeline.

That's all I have to say, since you already decided to prove you're either not knowledgeable about this game, or just a ******bag.

So how about you stop. Or actually, you know, learn anything about the game. That'd be nice too. Stay off the forums.

Rannulf

11-18-2012

Quote:
phar0ah1:
Is it just me or is the HUD just completely in the way when you are on Purple side on SR? Could Riot add an option to flip the HUD to top. If you have your camera locked the HUD just blocks out a portion of the bottom giving blue team a sight advantage over you. I know you can reduce the scale but it would be nice to be able to flip it TOP so you can still see everything but now you don't have the blind spot where your trying to look... Just my thoughts though....

That particular problem goes deeper than just the hud being in the way, and it's been present in the game for as long as anyone can remember. Blue side has a sight advantage not just because of that but because of how the camera is fixed at it's angle. When in you're next game try this, lock your camera on your champion, place your cursor as far up as it can possibly go from the middle of your screen and click. Once your done moving, do the same in the opposite direction. You'll find that the in game distance from mid screen to top is much further than from the mid to the bottom. What riot needs to do is unset the fixed camera angle and let people rotate the camera at their will, OR change it so that the distance from mid screen to top screen are equal to mid to bottom.

EDIT: This doesn't JUST favor the blue side, but it favors anyone (mostly ranged based champion players) who is at a more southern point than their opponents, and who generally keep their camera locked to their champion, especially if their opponent is doing the same. For newer and more basic players this is a problem because they don't know how to utilize the minimap more often, and in newbie games you probably won't see too many people placing wards. However the camera angle problem is slightly more nullified in higher level play, where wards are treated as being greatly more important, a player's attention is more spread between things like the minimap, and the player is also re-positioning his camera constantly in order to give him better immediate view. These things however, in my personal opinion, contribute to a bit more stress. It would be nice if I could, when I wanted to play a bit more relaxed, just keep my camera locked on my champion for the duration of the game. That, unfortunately, is less likely to happen when I get stuck with the purple side. =/

Al3x4ndar

11-18-2012

Please tell me that menu is bugged and that bright green background is not intended change?

As for new masteries, putting life steal/spell vamp mastery in utility tree was pointless because still there's no justified reason for either AD or AP carries to go into utility tree, they benefit much more from offense tree. It will be non-used mastery like spell vamp mastery was in season 2.
And Deadlines is still the biggest waste of 4 points, even with that "buff" of additional 3 AD at level 18. But at least in season 2 we could have avoided to put points there, now we can't (for AD champions).

meddy75

11-18-2012

Force of Nature =(, everything else is fantastic though. Always good to change stuff up.