Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Changes on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

11-16-2012

Quote:
Removed
The following items are no longer available and items that built out of them have had their recipes changed:
Meki Pendant, Regrowth Pendant...

Warmog's Armor
Stacking passive removed.

Oh well, there goes my Malphite builds for a Harass Support and Tank...

<scowls> I currently dislike the mindset of those higher ups who want a fast paced game with little to no healing. (Looking at you Morello.) Hopefully I will see the light and appreciate the thought process behind these changes.

sephy star

11-16-2012

so... less defense but more offense? hmm.... better practice my reaction time

Superbone1

11-16-2012

Quote:
Reneexo:
Idk if I'm the only one that feels the same way, but I feel like they made more items for bruisers and ap champs and only made like one or two items for adc.

The QSS upgrade will help ADC's too. And ADC's got other things as well. They were a bit too strong late game, and there's not a lot they need to do besides maximize their damage, so they got some small changes but not as much as other classes. You maximize your damage. There isn't an alternate build.

Superbone1

11-16-2012

Quote:
Darklightning:
Oh well, there goes my Malphite builds for a Harass Support and Tank...

<scowls> I currently dislike the mindset of those higher ups who want a fast paced game with little to no healing. (Looking at you Morello.) Hopefully I will see the light and appreciate the thought process behind these changes.

You didn't read the other items then. There are a lot of supporty tanky seige items.

Superbone1

11-16-2012

If Morello posted this on GD its upvotes would be over 9000.

Phykos

11-16-2012

Quote:
RootBeerKing:
So is this it for the new items? Or are more to come in the next preseason patch? Cause I know it was mentioned that AD casters would be getting some more viable items, but I don't see anything really tailored for AD casters in the new items list.

On an other note, I can't wait to get off work and test out all these new features! It's like waiting for Chirstmas!

They're reworking Armor Pen in their favor, reworked Black Cleaver to give them another item choice, as well as gave an upgrade to Manamune which can be used on AD casters that use mana (Talon). So they did provide us new options, not techinically new, "items", but effectively that's how they work as anyway.

Now granted, they didn't give us a spell vamp, arm pen weapon which was something I was hoping for. But meh, you can't expect all of your dreams to come true. The changes they made give more viabiltiy to the AD Caster class as is.

Megnificent

11-16-2012

So much change - it's like an entirely different game. I like a lot of the changes, don't get me wrong. It's just like 'wow' right now - I don't know whether to be excited or wary... It's definitely going to be a learning process. Nonetheless, kudos to you Riot. .x.

True Sketch

11-16-2012

The most interesting thing to me is the removal of the terrain near the ramps. Why was that done?

True Sketch

11-16-2012

Quote:
T Le B:
So...I assume there's some way that Hurricane isn't going to be hilariously broken on Kog'Maw, given that it will be applying full Bio-Arcane Barrage to three targets?

There is. It's called spacing.

TiV3

11-16-2012

Very exciting changes so far, we'll see how it will balance out. Also some first impressions on the new items, some seem a bit niche still. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NitOilU2mmk (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNitOilU2mmk)