Diana/Jayce/Darius.. who is more rewarding if played masterfully?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyanideGatorade

11-15-2012

As title states. I am reviewing these 3 champions for my next champion to play.

Regardless of skillcap, who has better utility/damage/lane dominance of the 3?

Pros and Cons would be great, but any input is appreciated.

Z32

11-15-2012

Jayce would be the most rewarding to play well and probably the highest skillcap of the 3, but he also has the option to play very safely and low-risk and still be effective. So really the level of dynamic is up to the player.

Darius is unrewarding to me because he's easy and straightforward, and there aren't a whole lot of opportunities to inject your own skill as a player into his playstyle or make amazing plays. Anything you pull off as darius could be pulled off by someone at 1k ELO just as easily, so there's not a whole lot of a sense of accomplishment to him.

Diana has a higher skillcap, what with her dynamic mobility, but the lack of a disengage means that usually the hardest decision to make with her is deciding when to go in, because there really isn't an "out". Low mana cost Q means her laning basically comes down to spamming an easy skillshot and slowly working away at your opponents health, until they either leave or you can jump and kill them. There is a lot of skill involved with her, particularly once you've committed to a fight, but prior to that I find her a bit passive-aggressive and mundane.

In terms of viability, Jayce is probably the best of the 3. He's still a dominant top laner and hard to gank + offers utility for his whole team. Darius obviously lanes top well, though he can lose to the likes of Irelia or Jax, but is also extremely open to ganks and can be easily kited in group fights. Diana lanes mid well and top somewhat, she's difficult to lane against but also is easy to gank and can struggle in teamfights. All 3 can technically jungle but only darius will get the gold to be relevant off of jungling.

Kinuubi

11-15-2012

Lane dominance I would rank it at Darius, Diana, Jayce. Reason why is because Darius can bleed you and minions, Diana is tanky for a AP mage and her Crescent Strike has a low cooldown and reveals enemies, Jayce is last because even though he is ranged, his range is only 500 and not that strong early game without AD items. Damage output is a tie between Darius and Jayce for me and Diana last. Darius has high AD scale and damage and with his Ult doing true damage it can destroy someone. Jayce has almost all his abilities on AD scale and you can switch in between melee and ranged. Hammer form does the most AD damage and can catch someone or push them away. Diana has a crazy burst, but is too mana dependent early game. To fully use her burst you need her Ult. Q into Ult into W and into E when they escape and rinse and repeat.

FOODFOOD

11-15-2012

Diana is most rewarding, in my opinion, just because I think playing Darius and Jayce is a copout.

Palefox

11-15-2012

lol. i didnt know there was a masterful way to play darius

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

darius is bad and boring to play, diana has her Q and E for rewardnes but jayce would be the best with the constant change in stances

Fireside Poet

11-15-2012

Probably the one you have the most fun playing.

Everlasting

11-15-2012

diana is really really reallllly strong is mastered as top lane since she has more presence in teamfights

Get Ignited

11-15-2012

Diana is very fun to play because she isn't press r/q to win or e/q with jayce. She is great in the jungle free blue she has a lot of burst and if someone gets caught out of lane after six they might likely die the hardest part is early game she's not ranged so she has a hard time after six she's great she isn't to easy like jayce or darius

migty1joe

11-15-2012

darius hardest from 3 but can shine with skill