How can I play in WCG?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MindlessLegend

10-06-2010

Games are my life and I want to play them commpetivly so how can I enter the WCG for LoL or whatever games there are?

djudjud14

10-06-2010

you need a competitive team.
depending on where you live, every year there's usually a WCG qualifier during the summer.
anyone can join it. for games that requires a team, they usually only send 1 team per country to the grand final (sometimes 2 teams but that's rare)
BUT keep in mind that WCG have a nationality rule. you have to compete in the country of your nationality (LoL didn't have this rule most likely because they were only showcasing the game)

The Super Hero

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessLegend View Post
Games are my life and I want to play them commpetivly so how can I enter the WCG for LoL or whatever games there are?
There are no more games today neither tommorow.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

10-08-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The 2010 WCG is over. The 2011 selection process will occur early next year (February/March) and we hope League of Legends will be included.

Before you set you sights high you should check out the other events that are going on Alienware Arena and MLG. More information on new events will be posted shortly.

Ecchiban

10-26-2010

is it wise to just get a high ranking in ladders? then try to go wcg?

r8p3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

yea.. how else would you have an idea of where your teams skill stands. and even after laddering you will need to run scrims against other competitive teams. not just ladder teams