What is the correct course of action?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

So, I just had a game that felt hopeless, and I'm wondering what I could have done differently. I went bot lane, and it basically stalemated for most of the match. For the beginning and middle of the game, we just kept pushing and repelling each other. (Clearly, if I was better, I could have actually won the lane and done better that way, but I know that already) No-one really came bot, because top was so intense.

The problem was this: The remaining 4v4 eventually went in their favor. The enemy team started ganking bot lane and took my point at one point. Our team was too busy fighting a losing battle top, so the only ganks bot were from the enemy team.

This is where I want to know what to do. The only thing I could think to do was go bot and try to fight it out. That didn't work. The pressure from the enemy team was too much, and the ganks had set me too far behind. My team couldn't come help, because they were still losing everywhere else.

What's the better answer? Just going back bot didn't work. Should I have abandoned our point in bot and tried to help them fight top? Should I have demanded they ignore top for a minute and help me in bot? What do you do in this situation?

Orphane

11-14-2012

It's hard to say what exactly you could have done better without seeing a full replay or something, but if the enemy bot laner was turtling on your bottom what you could have tried was running straight across to his bot node and trying to backcap in order to force him to get off your node, then trying to recap your node whenever possible. With a team too absorbed top it's honestly really hard for a bot laner who has lost control of the lane to regain it, and usually this requires help from 1 or 2 teammates.

You *could* have tried quickly rushing top to try and force a 5v4 and make something happen in your favor, and then recall and retake your bot if the enemy bot also wandered towards top, but a bot laner will be unable to carry 4 top teammates who are losing so that the enemy can freely gank bot without doing anything about it. Sometimes people are just bad.

FDru

11-14-2012

In situations where your team has no control over top and you're still getting ganked at bot, there's not much you can do. Your only hope is that somebody else on your team is able to bot for you while you try to fix whatever problem it is your team is having at top.

SuperQuackDuck

11-15-2012

One thing you could try in addition to whats been suggested - and thats all it is, try - is to backcap the enemy bot tower. No point trying to take your own tower back if they're camping. But do this when your teammates are alive and can keep the enemy pinged down at your bot. You may get your bot back this way. Just dont die while backcapping and dont keep doing it, you lose too much time on it if you dont have a speed steroid.

Tempestphile

11-15-2012

there is no real answer here to be honest

If they gank you, you don't try to fight 1v2, you back off ASAP, even if you die if you backed off and they took some turret hits, that's great

otherwise, nothing you could have done better, ask for bot ganks, or hope your team can win top in 4v3 when getting ganked (assuming your top is trying to play the game too)

I see more problem on top then with bot, and these games do happen

EndlessReign

11-15-2012

I think that there is an answer that I have done and seen countless times in matches to help disrupt the other team. Go mid! If you can't seem to win at top or bot it is usually a good idea to put pressure on mid because people rarely leave someone defending it.

Make your way to mid through the fog of war (avoid the buffs in the center as they do not have fog of war). In most cases you will draw at least one of their champions away from the fight which doesn't immediately help, but if you can completely neutralize it, that will give you time to go gank one of the other lanes and possibly give your team a capture. Also, if only one of them comes to stop you, you may be able to get a kill. Sometimes you will neutralize it and still no one has come to stop you. In this case you might get the cap which will give you the opportunity to defend it. It will take at least two champions to get you off that point (if you have full health) which frees up your team to capture others. Also, in many situations it is actually a good idea to die defending the point. For example, stay and die if you can at least trade kills. If three or more of them come at you with full health run!

Dominion is very much about time and space. The longer you can disrupt the enemy team and make them focus on just you the more likely you are to change the tide of the game.

ElevenOfClubs

11-15-2012

I've had mild success with just switching with some one on your team who can stalemate bot.

Mid late game, you can be pretty fed if you last hit well and there isn't too much killing top. This works really well if you play someone who scales either scales well or has a strong team fight pressence.

I've both succeeded and failed to turn games around with this approach playing Jax, Yorric, Nasus, and Maokai.

I'm pretty bad, so it works less often than it fails, but it is something you can try.

The only other thing I can say is if keep an eye if a fight happens at your mid, and be ready to run and clean up. It's better to loose bot to 1 guy and get three kills than defend bot and let the 4v4 snowball more in the enemies favor by letting them finish off allied stragglers and take mid.

Naturally, this can also backfire spectacularly.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Suggest to your top team that if they're struggling to retake windmill to try a gank bot. Sometimes you have to suggested it more than once for the message to take.

When all else fails, wait til one of your teammates playing a champ with a different source of damage dies and offer to switch lanes. Sometimes the opposing bot player has bought defenses strictly for AD or AP and a role switch will help win bot lane (or change your fate top).

Rikukun

11-15-2012

switch lanes with someone if possible.

also if you are able to push your lane hard, you could go try to cap their mid briefly. it will distract the enemy team enough to help out, or you may even be able to cap/neut it.

Messerschimdt

11-16-2012

Possible solutions

ask for the team to go bot and cap both bottom points while you hold mid to top

ask the team to go for their mid instead of fighting a losing battle top

ask them to defend mid-top while sending a ganker bot

Backcap their bot when your bot point is taken

Ask for a switch and direct it towards the weak part of your composition

When bottom laning disengage from pushing 15-30 seconds (depending on location of the fight and champion mobility) at the end of a team fight to avoid easy ganks, and be mindful of revive ganks by looking at the score screen when a death occurs and point it out to the team by pinging or typing.