Entropy and Kitae's

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lameador

11-14-2012

Oh yes i think it would be nice to just remove trinity force and make entrophy viable instead.

KevinDelMarr

11-14-2012

I'm assuming that Kitae's is just as bad as MBR. You take out the armor and creep bonus and you're left with a weaker MBR.

Entropy seems cool, I'd maybe run it on an Olaf if I wanted a bunch of damage (so deviating from standard build). It pretty niche, and I would say underbought. The problem may be more with finding money for the individual pieces, A Champion who gets BF sword might want an IE or Sanguine instead, or if you get Phage they might just go for a TF (not sure if Frozen Mallet is in Dominion).

I never buy it, then again i never play dominion much anymore

FDru

11-14-2012

Entropy is too expensive, but the concept is sound. It could maybe use a cost/stat reduction. Changing BF Sword to Pickaxe might be worth trying.

Kitae's is strong but situational. It's strictly limited to on-hit builds, since you need some kind of MR shred or spell pen to make it worthwhile. I would be surprised to see this built on anybody but Kayle, Warwick or Kog, and even then its probably better to just grab a Malady since it is a more effective mid-game item for the gold spent.

RageAge

11-14-2012

Madreds is considered a "trap" item I can only imagine what one would call kitaes. I can't imagine buying it over blade of the ruined king for any reason at all if I have a choice

Robbynn

11-14-2012

I get Kitae's on occassion. Mainly when enemy is mainly large health bars and we are AD team as they normally get no MR then.

Entropy is a negative. I have done it but never liked it. I get other items.

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I like Entropy, primarily on bruisers. Phage is kind of OP on all maps, so a more aggressive upgrade (rather than the more defensive Mallet) is really good on champs that scale with flat AD (again, namely bruisers). I would honestly like it on SR too, but that's probably not a good idea for balance.

Kitae's... I dunno, it's like Xypherous said in the other thread. Since bruisers generally have no more than 50% more HP than squishies, but much MUCH more resistances, magic damage % of max HP isn't a very effective pick against bruisers. I feel like an item that is ACTUALLY more effective against bruisers would be... maybe something that converts part of your damage to true damage rather than doing percent of max health damage?
If Kitae's is just supposed to be another onhit item (like wit's end, ionic spark), it should probably not 'pretend' to be an anti-bruiser item, y'know?

Fabs457

11-14-2012

Entropy is too expensive imo. I see it being bought sometimes, but very rarely

Arance

11-14-2012

I don't like Entropy, its not bad exactly, but its mutually exclusive with Frozen Mallet and I often find the extra health more valuable on the bruiser's I'd generally buy them for; because good health items are relatively rare in Dom and often come with other specialized stats. The lower cost on Giant's Belt also makes for a slightly smoother upgrade than BF Sword. Plus I'm simply not a fan of actives.

Kitae's isn't very impressive at all, and something I only see as being worth building on very limited champions in limited situations; champions which I don't really play either, so I can't comment much further. I'd like to see a remake of it, but perhaps it might see more play as-is once these other new items such as Hurricane (is it on Dom?) make it in.

Minjo Master

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I really like the idea of a Phage and BF Sword item.

In fact I'd love it if it was remade in a way which allowed it to exist on other maps as well.

HaIfhearted

11-14-2012

I'm inclined to agree with llama and FDru.

Entropy seems like its good, but right now building out of a BF Sword just makes it too expensive, and plus there are better upgrade paths to BF Sword that I would rather take.
Basically, I would rather turn the BF into an IE or a Sanguine and just upgrade the Phage into a Frozen Mallet for the guaranteed slow.

I'm going to throw my vote in with "change to Pickaxe and see how it feels".

Although I'm also somewhat interested in the idea of changing the active into a passive.
Right now, the true damage active is pretty crappy imo.

-----

Kitaes is a ****ty trap item, period, and should be removed from the game.