Why should we respect others' religion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadSeer

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by standin View Post
Seer, im interested to hear your thoughts on my edit about art and emgineering being similar. I didn't go into too much detail but could sometime later.
As I stated earlier, the greatest minds are the ones that can make use of both, like DaVinci. The greatest things are achieved via a mix of artistic creativity and engineering, that's just fact. If all you do is design bridges...yeah, good for you, you make great bridges. But ... yeah that won't really make a difference in a society, just like if all you do is draw landscapes. There's a middle ground that has to be achieved to have a functionning society, and without all sorts of people with different experience, talent and input you go nowhere. Some people fail to understand that.

MadSeer

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
They actually teach you that in most civil engineering classes.
And that's art, kid. Art isn't only songs and poetry, it's creativity. If you can design a bridge or a car, part of you is an artist. Though I have to admit "artist" is pretty vague and some people consider a toilet seat with a can opener laid out on a table is art...and I don't agree with that.

c4lm

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSeer View Post
f all you do is design bridges...yeah, good for you, you make great bridges. But ... yeah that won't really make a difference in a society,.
Bridges aren't useful at all. I totally agree with this insightful opinion.

c4lm

11-15-2012

Quote:
You know that shit scientists do? That's actually art somehow.
riiiiiight

MadSeer

11-15-2012

Quote:
Bridges aren't useful at all. I totally agree with this insightful opinion.
I'm sorry, where did you see me bashing bridges ? The point that you're missing is that if all you do is design bridges, and if everyone designs bridges, then the only purpose of a bridge is to have people cross it and build more bridges.

MadSeer

11-15-2012

I love this thread, it's seriously hilarious.

c4lm

11-15-2012

Quote:
I'm sorry, where did you see me bashing bridges ? The point that you're missing is that if all you do is design bridges, and if everyone designs bridges, then the only purpose of a bridge is to have people cross it and build more bridges.
Sounds like the perfect society to me: people only dedicating time to producing useful infrastructure.

MadSeer

11-15-2012

Quote:
Sounds like the perfect society to me: people only dedicating time to producing useful infrastructure.
Well why aren't you dedicating time to producing useful infrastructure right now then ?

c4lm

11-15-2012

Quote:
Well why aren't you dedicating time to producing useful infrastructure right now then ?
I'm doing my matE assignment if that counts.

MadSeer

11-15-2012

But what about *****es and ******s ?