Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling 101 From a Gold Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TNP Kubz

11-19-2012

Quote:
MrVigglesworth:
What are your thoughts on Trundle and his jungle viability in ranked games?

Like one of the other posters in this thread, Shaco is my main jungler. I've found he can be quite viable in late game if I'm split pushing while the team holds a lane. The key to that strategy is isolating one player from their team, quickly sprinting to the 4v4 in the other lane and making it a 5v4 in your advantage.

If I'm super snowballing I go wriggles > mobility > infinity or black cleaver > phantom > ga.
If I'm doing ok or going against a high damage team I go wriggles > mobility > trinity > infinity or black clever > then choose accordingly to their team.

Both builds are good for different types of team comp/play styles.

I'm finding it hard to drop Shaco from my jungle main status because he's so good at controlling dragon (can solo at lvl 6), ganking enemy junglers and working around bush/river wards.

1) Trundle never has been and never will be viable. Although he's not a bad champion, you just can't carry as Trundle no matter how fed you get. Gets kited far too easily.

2) Shaco is built just like you said, for backdooring. After the laning phase, he essentially becomes useless in team fights.

For someone like Shaco to play, try Lee Sin, Mundo or Shyvana.

TNP Kubz

11-19-2012

For those interested, I'm currently streaming if you're interested in watching me jungle.

http://www.twitch.tv/oc_kubz

Amatzikahni

11-19-2012

Trundle is the anti-feeder. If someone on the enemy team gets fed, you can steal their stats to make them weak and then use the huge boost in stats to wreck the enemy team. I've had some success with him (went ~4-1 last season), but his ganking power isn't that great so I don't use him often. He synergizes very well with other walling champs (J4, Aniv) because of the configurations you can pull and the traps/snares available in the jungle, so he does have a niche in the meta.

TNP Kubz

11-19-2012

Quote:
Amatzikahni:
Trundle is the anti-feeder. If someone on the enemy team gets fed, you can steal their stats to make them weak and then use the huge boost in stats to wreck the enemy team. I've had some success with him (went ~4-1 last season), but his ganking power isn't that great so I don't use him often. He synergizes very well with other walling champs (J4, Aniv) because of the configurations you can pull and the traps/snares available in the jungle, so he does have a niche in the meta.

Trundle just isnt viable in the current meta that calls for a lot of early ganks. He needs farm. Maybe in Season 3 he'll be a bit better but still a potato in my eyes

Drakojan

11-19-2012

I just recently learned how to not go 0/12 as a jungler (don't ask me how :P), and I just want to know how to make my ganks more successful without hard CC. I play Zed and Amumu, and Zed's 2 second slow is meh for trying to get kills. But his clear time is amazing imo, first time I've ever been overleveled while jungling lol. I just want some general jungle tips.

Thanks in advance!
Also, should I be ulting single targets when ganking as Amumu? They sometimes get away if I don't.

MrVigglesworth

11-19-2012

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any thoughts on Sejuani? Her ganks/slows absolutely obliterate a lane. I'm definitely thinking about picking her up.

Also, any idea on what jungling champs will be the best for Season 3? Obviously, we don't know many details outside of Riot saying on-hit champs will have an easier time jungling and that level 2 ganks will be impossible, but with what we do know, do you have any guesses on who I should start picking up and practicing for the next season?

Thanks in advance.

TNP Kubz

11-20-2012

Quote:
Drakojan:
I just recently learned how to not go 0/12 as a jungler (don't ask me how :P), and I just want to know how to make my ganks more successful without hard CC. I play Zed and Amumu, and Zed's 2 second slow is meh for trying to get kills. But his clear time is amazing imo, first time I've ever been overleveled while jungling lol. I just want some general jungle tips.

Thanks in advance!
Also, should I be ulting single targets when ganking as Amumu? They sometimes get away if I don't.

For Zed) Start with easier junglers. Zed is a weak jungler IMO who just farms and provides barely any lane presence. His only form of CC is his ult so basically you get a succesful gank once every few minutes if that.

For Amumu) YES! but only if its still the laning phase. Kill secured > them getting away. Get your lanes ahead. IF its around that team fight sttage, don't waste the ult, save it for the right moment.

General tips, don't gank too much, don't farm too much, provide all lanes with some ganks to establish jungle presence.

TNP Kubz

11-20-2012

Quote:
MrVigglesworth:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Any thoughts on Sejuani? Her ganks/slows absolutely obliterate a lane. I'm definitely thinking about picking her up.

Also, any idea on what jungling champs will be the best for Season 3? Obviously, we don't know many details outside of Riot saying on-hit champs will have an easier time jungling and that level 2 ganks will be impossible, but with what we do know, do you have any guesses on who I should start picking up and practicing for the next season?

Thanks in advance.

1) Sejuani is a jungler that works EXTREMELY well in AoE team comps. Thats the only time I'd touch her. If your team is something like Sej, Vlad, Ziggs, MF, Nunu then it works. Her ult is a great initiate. If its not an AoE team comp, don't touch her.

2) Honestly, all the junglers have the same clear times, they just have less HP. I'd expect to see sustain junglers make a return (My Fiddle Baby!) but for the most part it'll remain the same. I think the changes are more to bring old junglers like Fiddle, WW, Rammus etc. back more then anything.

Drakojan

11-20-2012

What about bottom lane? I can't really ever gank bot because it's warded across the river. Once they see me they either shoot skillshots at me or they run off.

TNP Kubz

11-20-2012

Quote:
Drakojan:
What about bottom lane? I can't really ever gank bot because it's warded across the river. Once they see me they either shoot skillshots at me or they run off.

Bottom lane is the hardest lane to gank period. At higher elos, its nearly impossible. Get your support to pink ward the river, have them tell you where its warded and try to get a gank in. Its extremely rare though.