Wu kong and how he trades

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Close Game Life

11-14-2012

Also harass mid once in a while.

decoy+nimbus gives Wukong almost Shaco-level ganking in mid, even if it fails the burst should do enough to force enemy mid to back, giving yours time to shove and roam

The Vikachu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauchard View Post
What does everyone think about wukong mid?
It's pretty good, but you really want an AP top if you're doing it. Vlad is great because everyone will assume you are going top, which skews the opposing team's champs/runes/masteries selection. You can use him to counterpick anti-mages like Kassadin and Veigar.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
hit and run gorilla tactics.
Intentional or not... I see what you did there.

As a person who loves Wukong, I always feel awkward playing in solo queue and going top... unless I'm facing someone who doesn't play their champ well, I'm almost doomed from the beginning to sit at tower passively and level up slowly while trying to get any cs at all. Just wait until you've got some tankiness and your ult - then laugh your way to victory.

Tolanpls

11-14-2012

max q less mana intensive and great trading because your outside of standard melee auto range so u can hit them and back off without much reply unless they wanna use a gap closer in which case you can just w

cF Dawgy

11-14-2012

Generally when playing Wukong, I actually do go for early trades, because I take 25 Armor Penetration in runes, and 6 in masteries (I play 19/11/0) (armor seals and mr glyphs obv).

With his Q, you can deal true damage to any target with 45 armor or lower at level 1 (Wukong also has a high base AD to boot). Combined with the attack speed steroid from your E, most champions will actually have a rather difficult time trading with you before level 3.

Against Jax, you can out-trade him very early on (before level 3). Use that to your advantage.

This will all change after the early game flat armor penetration nerfs in Season 3, but I think a lot of people don't quite understand how strong Wukong is at trading early on.

Osduf

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauchard View Post
What does everyone think about wukong mid?
I don't know why he wouldn't be strong... I'd think it'd be like lee sin mid except with less sustain.