Game does not allow me to log in

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

Hello all, My Launcher has a problem after i click play the game opens but to a black screen with the log in box. no menu animations no picture just blank and a log in box. then if i log in, it just loads to a blank screen all together. i have uninstalled and used the repair option 3 times. i am at a loss and cannot figure out how to get back into the game. if it helps this all started after the zed patch. i had it downloaded and it worked for a game or 2, then i left and came back home i had another patch to download and the game would not work after that.

TechIsUs

11-14-2012

i had this problem too, are you on XP? ill go further in depth if so.

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

i am using windows 7.

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

11-14-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about this, just as a quick clarification, you ARE able to reach the log in screen itself it just happens to be completely blank/black. Is that correct?

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

Yes, the log in box is there and everything and i can enter my login info. but the rest of the window is black.

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

to clarify the picture, the left is the first thing i see, then if i enter in login info and click log in, i see the right.

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

11-14-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

From the looks of things, this is likely the result of a corrupted game installation. I would suggest completely reinstalling League of Legends following Our guide. Be sure to do a clean reinstallation by completely uninstall your current copy of League of Legends first.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, i would suggest submitting a support ticket to our Technical Team, here. They would be able to better assist you with this.

Throwbackduggan

11-15-2012

Thanks typhon, the full uninstall of PMB and Adobie air followed by a fresh install worked.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwbackduggan View Post
Thanks typhon, the full uninstall of PMB and Adobie air followed by a fresh install worked.
what? lol the servers are down right now

cindel66

11-15-2012

Are the servers down? Because that's what I'm getting as well. It says Online on the website but I can't login. Once I got that the servers are "busy" and once got that my login failed for an "unknown reason".