Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game does not allow me to log in

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

Hello all, My Launcher has a problem after i click play the game opens but to a black screen with the log in box. no menu animations no picture just blank and a log in box. then if i log in, it just loads to a blank screen all together. i have uninstalled and used the repair option 3 times. i am at a loss and cannot figure out how to get back into the game. if it helps this all started after the zed patch. i had it downloaded and it worked for a game or 2, then i left and came back home i had another patch to download and the game would not work after that.

TechIsUs

11-14-2012

i had this problem too, are you on XP? ill go further in depth if so.

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

i am using windows 7.

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

11-14-2012

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about this, just as a quick clarification, you ARE able to reach the log in screen itself it just happens to be completely blank/black. Is that correct?

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

Yes, the log in box is there and everything and i can enter my login info. but the rest of the window is black.

Throwbackduggan

11-14-2012

to clarify the picture, the left is the first thing i see, then if i enter in login info and click log in, i see the right.

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

11-14-2012

From the looks of things, this is likely the result of a corrupted game installation. I would suggest completely reinstalling League of Legends following Our guide (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234176-reinstalling-league-of-legends). Be sure to do a clean reinstallation by completely uninstall your current copy of League of Legends first.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, i would suggest submitting a support ticket to our Technical Team, here (http://support.leagueoflegends.com). They would be able to better assist you with this.

Throwbackduggan

11-15-2012

Thanks typhon, the full uninstall of PMB and Adobie air followed by a fresh install worked.

Syferfyre

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:
Throwbackduggan:
Thanks typhon, the full uninstall of PMB and Adobie air followed by a fresh install worked.

what? lol the servers are down right now

cindel66

11-15-2012

Are the servers down? Because that's what I'm getting as well. It says Online on the website but I can't login. Once I got that the servers are "busy" and once got that my login failed for an "unknown reason".