did dominion elo reset with the patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forlorn Fate

11-14-2012

I know it was the end of season 3 but as someone who doesnt play SR I didnt think it would affect me. The last two days the quality of my teammates has been..depressing.

its impossible to get anyone to work as a team or to target the dps first instead of the tanks. Even worse i'm back to playing with people who are playing champs for the first time ever because "its dominion who cares lol"

I just had to queue dodge twice in a row. It was over at champ select. There was no champion I could pick that would salvage what the rest of my team picked.
I'm really hating this

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

You just keep playing past the first 10-15 games. That's all. dodging blind pick with the kind of que times in Dominion is a waste of time. Just play it out and try to carry.

BuddhaRice

11-14-2012

Dominion elo did not get reset with the patch as it was considered a "normal" game. It was in one of the AMA's, too lazy to look for source :P

Glumduk

11-14-2012

There was a recent change to NA matchmaking making the algorithm try to match people with similar normal wins. It doesn't discriminate normal SR from normal Dom. Basically we're still seeing people with 500+ dom wins getting matched with people under 50 wins. We're just seeing it more often.

The elo reset didn't effect any 'hidden' elos.

Zulgaines

11-14-2012

They did something, I've seen the most useless awful people and builds these last two days that I might as well be rolling dice instead of playing.

drkimchi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulgaines View Post
They did something, I've seen the most useless awful people and builds these last two days that I might as well be rolling dice instead of playing.
Ugh, just had the same problem. Before the implemented the change, I play with about 3-4 revives per team, with everyone playing decently well. I just played a game today after the patch with 0 revives per team and horrendous itemization and gameplay. This might have to do with the fact that my number of wins is really low, but regardless I'm depressed :/

HaIfhearted

11-14-2012

What they did was wipe SR ranked elo.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the SR guys are dicking around in Dom right now and generally sucking.

DiscworldDeath

11-15-2012

They didn't wipe Ranked Elo, they compressed it closer to 1,200.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumduk View Post
There was a recent change to NA matchmaking making the algorithm try to match people with similar normal wins. It doesn't discriminate normal SR from normal Dom. Basically we're still seeing people with 500+ dom wins getting matched with people under 50 wins. We're just seeing it more often.

The elo reset didn't effect any 'hidden' elos.
This is pretty much what is happening. RiotKiddington made a new algorithm that matches people with similar wins/winrates and i don't think it is looking at Dominion wins. So matchmaking has yet again gone bonkers.

Edit: Here is the Red posts all about it: Adding [Number of Wins] to the matchmaking parameters

DiscworldDeath

11-15-2012

It separates each game mode's wins, Lyte discussed that.