Bug - Blitzcrank Mana Barrier.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iCheatz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Doesn't work with current patch.

Arklain

11-14-2012

Mine has been working just fine O.o

Icosahedron

QA Analyst

Follow Icosahedron on Twitter

11-14-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

I'm also seeing the skill work as expected. Is this something you've seen repeatedly? Do you have any ideas what might be triggering the bug?

Amariithynar

11-14-2012

I know it can fail to trigger if you get killed on one hit without hitting the threshold before, and always found that to be messed up, and should activate as a "be reduced to 30% or lower" function, to compare against Poppy's reduction, but afaik that was intended.

Gondul

11-14-2012

I don't mean to be mean, but you know it's based on your current mana right?

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

11-15-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
I know it can fail to trigger if you get killed on one hit without hitting the threshold before, and always found that to be messed up, and should activate as a "be reduced to 30% or lower" function, to compare against Poppy's reduction, but afaik that was intended.
We actually changed that a few patches ago. If mana shield isn't triggering, we want to figure out why because that's a core aspect of his kit.

Does anyone have any additional data or repro steps?

Thanks!

Amariithynar

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
We actually changed that a few patches ago. If mana shield isn't triggering, we want to figure out why because that's a core aspect of his kit.

Does anyone have any additional data or repro steps?

Thanks!
I know it was supposed to be changed, but I've managed to do it nonetheless. Enemy blitz had about 5-700ish HP of a total 2.3K or so (he was low), 2K mana max, was nowhere near 3/4ths current mana so should have had at least a 700~ish shield, and I munched him as AP Cho. Nommed him completely up. I'll see if I can repro with a friend.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

11-15-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
I know it was supposed to be changed, but I've managed to do it nonetheless. Enemy blitz had about 5-700ish HP of a total 2.3K or so (he was low), 2K mana max, was nowhere near 3/4ths current mana so should have had at least a 700~ish shield, and I munched him as AP Cho. Nommed him completely up. I'll see if I can repro with a friend.
Is it possible his shield came up and didn't matter because you did 1200-1400 true damage?

Amariithynar

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
Is it possible his shield came up and didn't matter because you did 1200-1400 true damage?
The most I've ever had for AP on Cho was around 554 or so, and it wasn't that game (Rylai's, Morello's, RoA, Rabadon's, CDR boots, can't remember the other item... Either was a GA for defensive or a Nashor's for faster shredding, but I wasn't that evolved in item build that game) and even that would have only done about 1038 damage at max level.

exelsis xax

11-15-2012

I have experienced this rarely as well. It seems that you must already be below 30% health for it to occur, which is why it happens so rarely.

After getting the barrior proc'd, timed out or destroyed, and then cooled back down, while you are still below 30% health, anything that would kill you if your mana barrier didn't activate DOES kill you, without your passive activating in any way. It doesn't even go on cooldown.

I don't know the code, but I think that barrier activates AFTER damage is applied, unlike hexdrinker, which activated between calculation and application.