Why do we not have a champ where they release their full potential on ult

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSoulPunisher

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw of Time View Post
How about a champion with a inner demon inside of him and when he ults, the Demon takes over and makes his abilities extra stronger?

Like Evil Ryu
Or to be a mainstream fanboy, Ichigo in Hollow form. xD.

Claw of Time

11-14-2012

Was going to say ichigo or naruto but lulz

JustAGhost

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Shyvanna is already filling another fantasy of being a dragon (half dragon, I know... I want arms AND wings as much as the next dragon lover)
You. I like you.

Karn Bishop

11-14-2012

This literally describes the main character from Rosario vampire, his power is kept in check by a series of seals and can only be released when someone beats him into an inch of life.

Narilera

11-14-2012

good idea. overdone though

Teamslayr

11-14-2012

Super Sayan champ... Riot pls

BlastAqua

11-14-2012

Riot pls

margnik

11-14-2012

Not sure if this had been suggested or not, but what if the champion's ult has some danger, some risk attached to ulting. Probably on a toggle that uses health as a resource.

Say, when the champ goes supernova, each second or so uses an increasing amount of health. The longer the ability is toggled on, the more power is gained and the more health is used, eventually leading to a self-inflicted death if not toggled off. This would create a high risk, high reward situation.

Perhaps there would be a mechanic that would allow the champ to stay in the fight longer in the empowered form, like from ability or auto attacks against enemies that would augment the health costs or regen health. This mechanic would demand good understanding of how much self-punishment the champ could take and could be countered by good cc management and kiting.

PorridgeKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I mean, you could always make a champ that has a very tough early game and as they get levels in their ultimate they become increasingly strong. League of Legends has a few champs that are balanced in such a way: Kog'maw's early game is tough, Nasus has a rough laning phase, early in the game Veigar has almost nothing going for him. Yet as soon as these champs reach their stride they become scary. Kog'maw rips through teams, Nasus literally becomes ungodly in both tankiness and damage output, and Veigar can chunk any champ he pleases.

Personally, I think it isn't far-fetched for Riot's design team to get something like this going. A champ that gets permanent bonuses for hitting 6, 11, and 16? Tiny from Dota comes to mind. I bet Riot could do even better.

Neko tan

11-14-2012

*cough* KARMA *cough*