Are you tired of female supports? I introduce "Kovar, the Hand of the Executioner"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arutairu

11-15-2012

Upcoming wall of text. If you don’t want to read, then don’t. No one’s forcing you to stay.

Disclaimer: The following information is based off of my personal experience in League of Legends, and who I see support most often in Normal Draft and a small amount of Ranked Solo at the end of Season 2. I cannot speak for every Elo, nor for Nomal Blind or Ranked 5-man Team.

Lets take a look at our current dedicated support lineup. I emphasize dedicated because there are plenty of champions that CAN support (read: Lux, Zyra, Nautilus, etc...) but were intended by their creators to be taken elsewhere. This allows us to focus on champions that are specifically designed to support.

Most Popular:
Sona
Soraka
Blitzcrank (not most common because you always see him, but because of why you don't)

Less Common:
Janna
Taric
Zilean
Lulu
Alistar
Leona
Kayle

Rare Supports:
Undefined:
Nami (unreleased, but Word of God says she’s support, so she deserves a place here)

Now lets talk numbers.

Female supports: 8
Male supports: 4

Now a closer look at the male champions.

Taric: Now, I know that the running gag is that Taric is the manliest man in League of Legends, and I appreciate the joke. However, the part that makes the joke funny is the clear and simple fact that he so blatantly isn't. If you disagree, then I have one thing to say to you. "Gems are outrageous, truly, truly, truly outrageous"

Blitzcrank: He's a robot. He doesn't exactly invoke the feeling of playing Darius, Jayce, Olaf, Lee Sin, or any champions portrayed as being total badasses.

Zilean: An old man, the Chronokeeper. An awesome champion, but once again, he doesn't have that "badass" vibe that the other roles do.

Alistar: A raging bull. Of the male supports, he is the only one that gives off the aggressive, “manly” sense that many other roles do.

The overriding theme here is that, even though we have male supports, they don't have the same ambiance that many (arguably most) mid, top, adc, and jungle champions do. If you don't understand what I'm saying here, imagine playing Sona, and then imagine playing Darius. Imagine Janna, then Annie. Imagine Taric, and then Graves. Even the female mids/tops/whatever have an air of strength and overall awesomeness about them. The Female supports, by contrast, have more of a nurturing, motherly, and frankly, feminine atmosphere.

I feel that this is one of the primary reasons many summoners are so loathe to play support. I think that the introduction of a more “manly” support, one more in line with the likes of Jayce, Udyr, Swain, etc… would improve the roles image. Even more, let’s make him Noxian, a nation thoroughly underrepresented in the support ranks.

So, without further ado, I introduce Kovar, the Hand of the Executioner.

Passive: Glory-On kill or assist, nearby allies receive a mana boost.
Q: String Up-On cast, Kovar tosses a skillshot noose towards an enemy champion. If it connects, it deals a small amount of damage and the champion is pulled halfway towards Kovar, then slowed for short period.
W: Exhort-Passively gives life-steal in an area around Kovar. On cast, target allied champion gains largely increased lifesteal.
E: Ovation of the Crowd-AOE move speed boost (similar to, but weaker than, Shurelya’s Reverie)
R: Crippling Mark-On cast, target enemy champion receives 5% 10% 15% increased damage from all incoming sources for 5 seconds.

Just because I like Draven so much, I basically thought, “this guy is Dravens’ assistant”, and designed Kovar to compliment him well. He is cruel, bloodthirsty, and absolutely evil.

None of these abilities are set in stone, and you guys can talk balance issues all you like. I don’t care about numbers, names, or really, this champion specifically. What I’m trying to say here is, can we get an evil, vicious, bloodthirsty support? One who joined not because s/he wants to watch over their carry and nurture them into the endgame, but because s/he wants to see the enemy suffer? S/he wants to torture them and watch as every drop of their blood spills to the ground?

Sullane

11-15-2012

I'm still waiting for Angus.

303Devilfish

11-15-2012

ANGUS WHERe?

riot plz.

MultiTrackDrifto

11-15-2012

We would rather have Angus the Puncher honestly.

FEMALE STREAMER

11-15-2012

Thinking about darius atm

Arutairu

11-15-2012

Hadn't heard of this Angus fellow. I like it.

MultiTrackDrifto

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3g1s View Post
Hadn't heard of this Angus fellow. I like it.
Thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2342104

Picture:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9&d=1341981507

Old Adam70

11-15-2012

Man I so heavily support you in this, I main support and they're all either female or pansies (except ali). I like Taric and everything but yeah, he's somewhat of a pansy. I'm all for having a bloodthirsty support

Toxic Toothpick

11-15-2012

Zilean isn't badass?
I don't know what game YOU'RE playing.

FlamingFrostbite

11-15-2012

I'm sorry if I feel more like a badass when a beautiful woman is helping me.