Syndra is the worst champion in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Longfellow View Post
The fact that Syndra's hard to use and that you haven't used any good reasoning to back up your statement leads me to believe you're wrong. Elementz tier placings are his opinion and isn't a very educated one. Sure Elementz and his team may be talented at PLAYING the game, but Elementz himself seems to have no design knowledge. I'll give you an example, Skarner was shat on by Elementz upon release and even after he received minor buffs, and now he's even worse than he was on release because he was too strong.
Ok let's disregard what Elementz thinks. Look at my mathematical comparison to Brand and tell me you think she is even an average champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanee View Post
If you look at single target... It makes no difference. it will come down to who is the better player. And if you look at it, you just proved our point. Brand is a good mage and Syndras damage compares to it. Thanks for proving she is not underpowered or the worst champion in the league. Each champion has a different kit, that is the point of the league. If people "can't" learn Syndra or Try to justify that it isn't "worth" learning her. Then good. Let the big kids play with the harder champions. The logic i am seeing is "Draven is harder to play than Ashe' Therefore ashe is better? owait i see the flaw...
Draven sucks, because his wierd little axe catching minigame is completely unviable.

Now back to Syndra.

Ok Phonix Kami a 2200 elo player has a 68% win rate in ranked with her. I think it is safe to say he is a reliable authority on her.

This is his advice against Mordekaiser

"•You can't break his shield dodge or afk as you want."

Ok so if Mordekaiser completely dooms your champion I think it's safe to say that champion is flawed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinisterBlack

Member

11-14-2012

I don't understand how people have problems with her. She has sustained damage with her q and her w. She has an aoe stun (that, albeit, takes some skill to use) and a push back. She has a slow as well, a considerable one that is aoe as well. Her sustained damage is aoe, too, albeit fairly small and taking skill to land. And after you've used your combo, her ult is a huge burst to instantly nuke someone. She has everything she needs.

The only thing that she suffers from is being a champion that takes skill to play in every facet of her character. All of her damage save her ult (and even then an argument could be made otherwise) requires that the player playing her be able to land it.

She's just a high-skill-cap champion. That's all.

And you shouldn't be comparing her to brand at all. They're two VERY different types of champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanee View Post
If you look at single target... It makes no difference. it will come down to who is the better player. And if you look at it, you just proved our point. Brand is a good mage and Syndras damage compares to it. Thanks for proving she is not underpowered or the worst champion in the league. Each champion has a different kit, that is the point of the league. If people "can't" learn Syndra or Try to justify that it isn't "worth" learning her. Then good. Let the big kids play with the harder champions. The logic i am seeing is "Draven is harder to play than Ashe' Therefore ashe is better? owait i see the flaw...
Brand is an average mage and he beats her damage with his own. If we factor in the fact that Brand is easier to use than Syndra why would you ever use Syndra?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterBlack View Post
I don't understand how people have problems with her. She has sustained damage with her q and her w. She has an aoe stun (that, albeit, takes some skill to use) and a push back. She has a slow as well, a considerable one that is aoe as well. Her sustained damage is aoe, too, albeit fairly small and taking skill to land. And after you've used your combo, her ult is a huge burst to instantly nuke someone. She has everything she needs.

The only thing that she suffers from is being a champion that takes skill to play in every facet of her character. All of her damage save her ult (and even then an argument could be made otherwise) requires that the player playing her be able to land it.

She's just a high-skill-cap champion. That's all.

And you shouldn't be comparing her to brand at all. They're two VERY different types of champions.
Here is what I am saying though.

You compare her to any of the high skill cap mages and she flat out loses.

Why would you pick her over any of the other mages in the game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinisterBlack

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Brand is an average mage and he beats her damage with his own. If we factor in the fact that Brand is easier to use than Syndra why would you ever use Syndra?
Brand is a flat burst mage with high cooldowns on all of his abilities. He has a single burst in a teamfight and that is it. He's a good champion, in that regard, but he has no sustained damage nor does he have very much adaptability.

Syndra has far more cc to her, more utility, more sustained damage, comparable range on her two most damaging abilities, and most importantly she can actually move while casting, which is actually very important when playing against someone like brand. With Syndra you should be able to kite most of a brand's damage, all while hitting him with your own.

Coupled with the fact that she has much lower cds, especially on her q, she can harass him far more than he can her. She also builds fairly tanky if you're playing her right, with the two dorans, chalice, abyssal scepter you're taking a lot less damage from his poke than he is from yours.


EDIT: What high skill cap mages are you comparing her to? Brand? Brand is in no way a high skill cap mage. Not compared to Syndra.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterBlack View Post
Brand is a flat burst mage with high cooldowns on all of his abilities. He has a single burst in a teamfight and that is it. He's a good champion, in that regard, but he has no sustained damage nor does he have very much adaptability.

Syndra has far more cc to her, more utility, more sustained damage, comparable range on her two most damaging abilities, and most importantly she can actually move while casting, which is actually very important when playing against someone like brand. With Syndra you should be able to kite most of a brand's damage, all while hitting him with your own.

Coupled with the fact that she has much lower cds, especially on her q, she can harass him far more than he can her. She also builds fairly tanky if you're playing her right, with the two dorans, chalice, abyssal scepter you're taking a lot less damage from his poke than he is from yours.


EDIT: What high skill cap mages are you comparing her to? Brand? Brand is in no way a high skill cap mage. Not compared to Syndra.

As far as High Skill cap mages im comparing her to Orianna and Cassiopeia(her sustain damage puts syndra to shame)

An ap mid needs to be able to burst an enemy team. Syndra can't do that and even if you consider her a single target mage she loses to Malzahar.

Also her laning phase isn't that great If Mordekaiser can just flat out put her in the ground.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinisterBlack

Member

11-14-2012

Morde shouldn't be able to touch you with her range. He can push and push and push sure, but if he does that early it'll leave him open to ganks and if he's doing it after you've gotten two dorans and a blue you can push the lane down just as quickly.

Cassi maybe has more sustain damage, sure, that's what she does. But syndra also has more utility, a long range stun and huge burst with her ult if you're using it right. She again, also has good range and should be able to dodge a lot of Cassiopeia's damage due to constantly moving.

Orianna I'd say is on par with her. Syndra's Q does far more damage than Orianna's, and is only a second longer cd at max level. Up till then it's a lower cd. Orianna's W only has 10 damage on Syndra's, but Syndra slows five percent more, and at fourth and fifth level the cd drops below Orri's.

So I think they're very comparable in use and damage, but Again I think Syndra is a little higher skill cap only due to her w slow being a on hit rather than an aoe field, and her ult being single target and requiring you set it up rather than orianna's aoe.

But again; I think it all comes down to being able to land and set up her abilities. She does just fine for me, and the stun when used right has a HUGE range, and a fair amount of stun time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterBlack View Post
Morde shouldn't be able to touch you with her range. He can push and push and push sure, but if he does that early it'll leave him open to ganks and if he's doing it after you've gotten two dorans and a blue you can push the lane down just as quickly.

Cassi maybe has more sustain damage, sure, that's what she does. But syndra also has more utility, a long range stun and huge burst with her ult if you're using it right. She again, also has good range and should be able to dodge a lot of Cassiopeia's damage due to constantly moving.

Orianna I'd say is on par with her. Syndra's Q does far more damage than Orianna's, and is only a second longer cd at max level. Up till then it's a lower cd. Orianna's W only has 10 damage on Syndra's, but Syndra slows five percent more, and at fourth and fifth level the cd drops below Orri's.

So I think they're very comparable in use and damage, but Again I think Syndra is a little higher skill cap only due to her w slow being a on hit rather than an aoe field, and her ult being single target and requiring you set it up rather than orianna's aoe.

But again; I think it all comes down to being able to land and set up her abilities. She does just fine for me, and the stun when used right has a HUGE range, and a fair amount of stun time.
You can see Phonix Kami's remarks on Mordekaiser vs Syndra above, but it seems like your in love with Syndra.

Best of luck to you in that case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinisterBlack

Member

11-14-2012

Well, I'm looking at the wiki as a source for all my stuff on Orianna. In that regard, according to math alone I'm right.

I've just never had a problem in playing her, or using her abilities to their intended affect, save the first game, where I realized very quickly the lynchpin was actually landing all of the dark spheres.