Syndra is the worst champion in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x Bowl v

Junior Member

11-14-2012

Alright, let's have a little maths session. Let's take a champion who is known for their burst - Annie.
Now little Annie here has three major nuking abilities her Q, W, R. Let's assume that the champions are lvl 18 with 600 AP.
Annie's Q deals 245 base damage, while damage from the 70% ratio will be 420. That equals 665.
Annie's W deals 280 base damage, while damage from the 75% ratio will be 450. This equals 730.
Annie's R deals 450 base damage, while damage from the 70% ratio will be 420. This equals 870.
Minus the 20% AP per second from tibbers, Annie's burst comes to a total of 2265 damage.

Now let's get onto the case of Syndra, who's Q, W, E and R are all use abilities that deal damage. Again, we assume Syndra is lvl 18, with 600 AP.
Syndra's Q deals 264.5 base damage, while damage from the 69% ratio will be 414. That equals 678.(We'll round down the decimal)
Syndra's W deals 240 base damage, while damage from the 70% ratio will be 420. This equals 660.
Syndra's E deals 250 base damage, while the damage from the 40% ratio will be 240. This equals 490.
Syndra's R (With 1 additional orb) deals 720 base damage, while the damage from the 80% ratio will be 480. This equals 1200 damage.
This is a total of 3028 damage. This is ~750 more burst than Annie.

Please note this is only taking in consideration that you're attacking single target, and yes Annie CAN do more AoE burst than Syndra, but Syndra can much more easily insta-gib a squishy target on their team, while also dealing more AoE sustained damage.

Syndra isn't bad, she's just hard to play to her full extent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanee View Post
She is a poke champion, Not a burst mage. even still her Ult does good single target damage. Rage less and learn her mechanics.
Why would I learn her mechanics when I could learn the less complicated mechanics of any other poke champion in the game and be better off?

I mean in what way is she any better than Nidalee or Xerath.

Syndra needs some buffs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anfanee

Member

11-14-2012

Syndra needs tiny buffs if anything. She not the "worst champion in the league" at all. x Bowl v said it perfectly. "Syndra isn't bad, she's just hard to play to her full extent." So again next time before you cry about someone learn them properly.

As for Beija, you obviously have no control over your mana pool then if you are complaining about mana costs rofl. Build some mana regen runes, get a chalice and you will find winning mid with sydra is quite easy. Unless ofc you come up against a hard counter. as for the "sustain" you are talking about. There isn't many mages that have high sustain in mid. Syndra is great at poking champions. When you learn to control your mana you will learn this. A simple Q into a W can chunk them pretty hard. And when a gank from your jungle comes throw in a stun and you will get a kill 90% of the time.

People that complain about her damage obviously just use it like Veigars and go oh it did no damage. you need more orbs up brah. Think of it like Darius ult. The more stacks, Alot more damage. If anything needs fixing its a slight AP buff on her E so it does just that tiny bit more damage. Apart from that she is fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Why would I learn her mechanics when I could learn the less complicated mechanics of any other poke champion in the game and be better off?

I mean in what way is she any better than Nidalee or Xerath.

Syndra needs some buffs.
A champion needs buffs because you don't want to learn her?

What?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anfanee

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
A champion needs buffs because you don't want to learn her?

What?
Well said. If you can't play syndra stick to simple champions.. like Darius i hear he is hard to play. There is a reason she has a high skill curve guys. oh BTW one of the best things she has is a stun that works through walls. The amount of kills i have from using a stun through a wall is laughable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

The fact that Syndra's hard to use and that you haven't used any good reasoning to back up your statement leads me to believe you're wrong. Elementz tier placings are his opinion and isn't a very educated one. Sure Elementz and his team may be talented at PLAYING the game, but Elementz himself seems to have no design knowledge. I'll give you an example, Skarner was shat on by Elementz upon release and even after he received minor buffs, and now he's even worse than he was on release because he was too strong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Bowl v View Post
Alright, let's have a little maths session. Let's take a champion who is known for their burst - Annie.
Now little Annie here has three major nuking abilities her Q, W, R. Let's assume that the champions are lvl 18 with 600 AP.
Annie's Q deals 245 base damage, while damage from the 70% ratio will be 420. That equals 665.
Annie's W deals 280 base damage, while damage from the 75% ratio will be 450. This equals 730.
Annie's R deals 450 base damage, while damage from the 70% ratio will be 420. This equals 870.
Minus the 20% AP per second from tibbers, Annie's burst comes to a total of 2265 damage.

Now let's get onto the case of Syndra, who's Q, W, E and R are all use abilities that deal damage. Again, we assume Syndra is lvl 18, with 600 AP.
Syndra's Q deals 264.5 base damage, while damage from the 69% ratio will be 414. That equals 678.(We'll round down the decimal)
Syndra's W deals 240 base damage, while damage from the 70% ratio will be 420. This equals 660.
Syndra's E deals 250 base damage, while the damage from the 40% ratio will be 240. This equals 490.
Syndra's R (With 1 additional orb) deals 720 base damage, while the damage from the 80% ratio will be 480. This equals 1200 damage.
This is a total of 3028 damage. This is ~750 more burst than Annie.

Please note this is only taking in consideration that you're attacking single target, and yes Annie CAN do more AoE burst than Syndra, but Syndra can much more easily insta-gib a squishy target on their team, while also dealing more AoE sustained damage.

Syndra isn't bad, she's just hard to play to her full extent.
Here is your problem Annie has 3 damaging skills and Syndra has 4.

Lets compare her to an ap mid with 4 damaging abilities.

Brand

Sear- 240+(.65 of 600) =630
Pillar of Flame- 319+(.75 of 600)=769
Conflagration- 210+(.55 of 600)=540
Pyroclasm-assuming two bounces 750+(1 of 600)=1350
Total of 3289 damage

If he had bounced it five times

It would have been 5189 damage

If Syndra had pulled off her mystical 7 sphere attack her total damage would have been 3929 damage.

Now if we look at the fact that brand just has to fire his fireball of death and leave while Syndra is stuck trying to play orb shuffle to get 7 orbs out and ult we see who the better mage is.

Syndra is definently hard to play to her full potential I am not saying she isn't all I am saying is there isn't enough there when you look at her full potential vs how hard she is to use.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
A champion needs buffs because you don't want to learn her?

What?
Ok tealninje let's look at it this way.

Let's say Cassiopeia and Syndra are both equally hard to learn. (according to riot Cassiopeia is actually harder)

Why would I spend my time learning Syndra when Cassiopeia or Orianna are way stronger?

There is no reward to your efforts with Syndra at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaShAmI

Junior Member

11-14-2012

I played her support for a while and i find her early game poke and slow/stun make her a very viable support and works great with an ashe or vayne,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anfanee

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Here is your problem Annie has 3 damaging skills and Syndra has 4.

Lets compare her to an ap mid with 4 damaging abilities.

Brand

Sear- 240+(.65 of 600) =630
Pillar of Flame- 319+(.75 of 600)=769
Conflagration- 210+(.55 of 600)=540
Pyroclasm-assuming two bounces 750+(1 of 600)=1350
Total of 3289 damage

If he had bounced it five times

It would have been 5189 damage

If Syndra had pulled off her mystical 7 sphere attack her total damage would have been 3929 damage.

Now if we look at the fact that brand just has to fire his fireball of death and leave while Syndra is stuck trying to play orb shuffle to get 7 orbs out and ult we see who the better mage is.

Syndra is definently hard to play to her full potential I am not saying she isn't all I am saying is there isn't enough there when you look at her full potential vs how hard she is to use.
If you look at single target... It makes no difference. it will come down to who is the better player. And if you look at it, you just proved our point. Brand is a good mage and Syndras damage compares to it. Thanks for proving she is not underpowered or the worst champion in the league. Each champion has a different kit, that is the point of the league. If people "can't" learn Syndra or Try to justify that it isn't "worth" learning her. Then good. Let the big kids play with the harder champions. The logic i am seeing is "Draven is harder to play than Ashe' Therefore ashe is better? owait i see the flaw...