Fiora's Riposte?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peacemaker9669

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

So when people fence, a riposte is when they parry and then attack. This is a perfect move for Fiora as she's a fencer and it fits her character and also provides her with a good kit. The thing I want to know is, why does it do magic damage and scale off AP? I don't believe the rest of her abilities proc spell vamp and Rylais's slow. Would she be considered too strong if it was changed to physical damage and given an AD ratio? As much as it is satisfying to parry an auto attack, it just does not seem worth it at times since late game, it deals very minimal damage and does not provide her with much of a defense mechanism as it is should provide since the majority of damage nowadays comes from abilities.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

her Q actually does proc on ability stuff.

If it did physical damage it would be easier to kite her I think.

ViperKilo

11-14-2012

balance reasons i supose. fioras meant to be built ad, now youre giving her an ability that
1: gives attack damage
2: negates damage taken
3: WOULD NOW return a consistently scaling damage
now add on top her already high AD, passive damage and AS buff...

Peacemaker9669

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Jax has a dodge for 2 seconds, 25% reduced aoe damage, stun that does damage, and scales off AD. It completely outclasses her riposte, does more damage, and provides more utility. Riven has a shield that scales of her bonus AD and already has a high hp regen, so she plays similar to Fiora. I just think it should be physical damage instead of magical. It doesn't have to scale too high, maybe like .5 bonus AD ratio. Riposte isn't really much of a consistent dps anyways. It's like 6 seconds maxed, which means that every 6 seconds, you can block an auto attack. Teamfights will probably net you like 2 ripostes minimum and 4 max. But it will further her damage as melee carries can do nearly the same damage as a ranged AD, but they take more of a risk and I believe a riposte change from magical to physical would help her a bit in taking that risk. It might be OP though, I'm just throwing it out there and seeing what other people think.

Ravennos

11-14-2012

Fiora's riposte is a little strange to scale off of AP (1:1) I think, but while we are on the subject, I think that Fiora's passive is one of the most useless things I have ever seen

TealNinje

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemaker9669 View Post
I just think it should be physical damage instead of magical.
Wait.

You're complaining about an ability being weak.

Then you want them to nerf it?

Shuggendo

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
Wait.

You're complaining about an ability being weak.

Then you want them to nerf it?
Why would it be nerfed? It's not like everyone's building armor only when they are against Fiora. And if it scaled off AD, it would be significantly stronger even if the enemy had more armor than MR, since you should give Fiora a high AD build with most likely than not a flat 0 AP. I don't see how that's a nerf considering Fiora's damage is already mitigated by armor and that the little damage her non-enhanced Riposte can do doesn't change anything to fighting a high armor champ.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

riposte should be read as follows

riposte - you get a chance to win a duel with vayne

TealNinje

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuggendo View Post
Why would it be nerfed? It's not like everyone's building armor only when they are against Fiora. And if it scaled off AD, it would be significantly stronger even if the enemy had more armor than MR, since you should give Fiora a high AD build with most likely than not a flat 0 AP. I don't see how that's a nerf considering Fiora's damage is already mitigated by armor and that the little damage her non-enhanced Riposte can do doesn't change anything to fighting a high armor champ.
AP and AD do not decide whether an ability does magic or physical damage.

I reiterate; you want to nerf an ability that you already think is weak? A physical damage champion having a magic damage ability is ideal; the enemy CANNOT completely counter you.

Peacemaker9669

11-14-2012

It's like a 260 base damage maxed. If I wanted to deal magic damage, I would build wit's end on her. I don't rely on riposte to deal major magic damage. It's not that weak. It's just outclassed by other abilities in my opinion. Other abilities that are sorta similar to her riposte scale well into late game, or their kits make up for a decent early game ability. Besides, why do you think they changed MF's ulti to physical damage or Sivir's boomerang? It scaled with AD but it did magic damage. Then they changed it to physical to help increase their late game damage because they don't build magic pen. They build armor pen instead. So that even they they're auto attack champions, their abilities still deal a lot of damage. Why can't the same happen to Fiora?