How to jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihumps

11-15-2012

So I have been playing LoL for about two weeks now and I'm trying to learn how to jungle. I have looked at some guides and watch some videos but i just dont understand how everyone takes on every monster at such low lvls so easily while i get demolished trying to go for blue after wolves. Any tips that could be given to me?

Mengh

11-15-2012

I would personally wait till level 20 at the least so you can get some runes. They are very important for jungling because they allow you to survive those encounters with the camps. Also, are you getting leashes?

Uncanny Doom

11-15-2012

Not many junglers can viably jungle before level 20. Level 20 allows access to tier 3 runes (which many including myself would say are the only runes you should ever buy) and you'll be very loaded with mastery points to help out. I'd recommend always practicing jungle routes in a custom game with no other players before trying to jungle in game. You don't wanna be the guy dying to creeps and holding your team back. Try cloth armor and five potion starts, if you can't do it with that, then the champion definitely needs masteries/runes to clear jungle camps. Also try starting blue instead of wolves, just see what you can work with.

Some champions that can jungle pre-20 are Nunu, Shaco, and Warwick. Nunu's Consume skill gives him a large damage ability that will also heal him to sustain in jungle. Shaco's Jack in the Box provides him with some dummy targets for creeps to attack with added damage and Warwick has Hunter's Call to synergize with his healing passive.

Killrazor

11-15-2012

dont worry too much about jungle atm, jungle is getting an overhaul in season 3. Just learn the basics now, but be prepared to relearn somethings again in season 3.