What 6300 IP Champ to get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Rogue

11-15-2012

Background:

I'm looking for more champs to add to my collection so I have more versatility in ranked.

I mainly play Jungle. Usually Xin, but Amumu if he's not banned, Pantheon if he's needed for a specific counter. I also jungle Rammus on occasion. Jax and Olaf I have but cannot play well. I think I'm fairly covered in the Jungle department.

I sometimes top, but I think I'm pretty bad at it. Usually Xin or Garen but I think I'm sub-par at best. Better leave it to someone else and most teams have someone who can top.

Mid, I can play Karthus well against champs that don't counter him. Some experience with Ryze, Middlesticks, LeBlanc and Veigar. Again, not my forte.

Support. I consider Soraka squishy and cannot seem to play her well. Janna I am horrible with. Nunu is situational. I'm generally slightly off-target with Ali, who is usually banned anyway. As is Blitz. Nautilus too is very situational. Galio and Lux are also iffy.

ADC, I have Ashe, who is weak in 1v1, Sivir, who lacks escape and CC and so seems a bit out dated and Ez who I usually don't do a lot of damage with.

I am considering getting:

Maokai - Jungle, Mid, Support
A support with a strong engage, bush-checking, cc, and can somewhat ward

Lee Sin - Top, Jungle
Strong jungler, counters Akali, closer, protects and flies everwhere

Leona - Tanky Support who can engage

Vayne - ADC with very strong late game

Graves - ADC with a strong early game

Right now I'm leaning towards getting an ADC... or should I just learn to play Ez and buy Leona?

Maleric

11-15-2012

Judging by what you said, I'd say Graves. He's a solid ADC.

You're biggest issue though is your inability to play LoL. You really don't need new champions; you just need to learn the ones you have, otherwise you're just throwing IP down the drain and no Champion is going to make you pro without you having skill with it.

DDP SelfhighFive

11-15-2012

I would definitely say maokai. Especially if you prefer jungle he has the best team presence.

your ip could also be equally worth spent on runes if your pages aren't where you want them.

Azellos

11-15-2012

From what you told me, i would say Graves because he is a very solid adc bot.

However, Maleric is completely right- playing graves bot wont suddenly make you a magically good adc. Its the same concepts that apply with sivir, ez, and ashe. He just does it a bit differently.

Jesot

11-15-2012

Play the champs you suck with until you're good with them. That's what I do.

It'll make you a lot better overall.

Graves is the safest of all the champs you listed. I'd roll with him or Maokai if I were you.

CL Owls

11-15-2012

I would have to say Lee Sin, his movement capability renders him nearly invincible mid game and he can counter stealth along with use 2 of his abilities to "find" wards (casting them on enemies and making them run into the bushes-true vision) along with probably the most powerful ADC countering in the game by using cripple.

Of course Draven is a good pick for countering "lower" mobility enemies-like Cait and Veigar. He comes with a strong CC/laning ability on his E and a ridiculous ultimate if times correctly in a team fight(got a triple kill with one use of it in a teamfight) But he does fall off once he plays against enemies with a dash ability with a relatively short cool down.(Like Lee Sin) His passive also give him wonderful harass.

But of your picks I think you would like graves best for an ADC because of his mobility and DPS once at level 11

melvyn

11-15-2012

Graves is the safer ADC pick. He's easier to pick up than Vayne but is still devastating. He's in the "ADC Trinity" for a reason.

Vayne, imo, is more rewarding but of course more difficult to play properly. You don't see much of her because only a few people can play her to her fullest potential. But when you do, damn. Just take a look at TPA's Vayne in S2 Championships--it rocked the game.

Lee Sin is different story. I don't want you to feel that you wasted IP on a champ you may or may not enjoy. He has a lot of mechanics that divide people's opinion about him. Try him free first before you commit to the purchase.

Maokai is jungle ganker ezmode. Though he has no carry potential if your team can't follow you up with damage.

BlackRabbi

11-15-2012

Lee sin imo is the most rewarding champ for the price. He's challenging and has a wide variety of plays that he can make or break. He's a great jungler, and a solid top. He's strong all around throughout the game, maybe dropping off slightly late game, but a fun champ regardless.