Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot... I thought you FIXED the MM system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordSloth

10-06-2010

Quote:
Bantos:
MM still broken. Just got out of a game where it was over before the 15 minute mark.

That has nothing to do with matchmaking. One lane has a bad game and gives up two or three early kills its GG if the opposition knows how to press that advantage properly. That's in a ELO balanced game anyways. If for instance one lane does ****ty but your other lanes are higher ELO then obviously there's less of a chance for a snowball because they'll probably avoid getting ganked by fed lane with wards and such.

Polaritie

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Quote:
Axecution:
Average on their team was around 1350 with one unranked guy and one guy 1600.

I gained 6 whole elo. What's the point of even setting up a game like that? Risk not worth the reward.

Well, you gaining 6 Elo is working as intended-assuming your team was much higher overall.

As for why that happened... do you know what percent of the community is actually at the 1600 mark? Probably well under 5%, judging by the last time I checked the ladder.

Matchmaking has to eventually pair you...

SparrowMaxx

10-06-2010

Fix...I don't know why you are taking Riot on their word the moment anything relatively related to matchmaking comes out. Until AT LEAST you never play with anyone outside of 75 points from your Elo and have some even games, I won't believe a word they say about it.

Axecution

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Quote:
Polaritie:
Well, you gaining 6 Elo is working as intended-assuming your team was much higher overall.

But that's the thing. It wasn't.

Axecution

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Quote:
SparrowMaxx:
Fix...I don't know why you are taking Riot on their word the moment anything relatively related to matchmaking comes out. Until AT LEAST you never play with anyone outside of 75 points from your Elo and have some even games, I won't believe a word they say about it.

Exactly it seems like everytime they "fix it" they actually break it even more.

You can't fix broken glass with a hammer riot.

Axecution

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Age~