Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zed's lore is terrible.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swatozast

11-14-2012

It sounds like they attempted to blend Kung Fu Panda's Tai Lung and Shredder from TMNT, with a few elements of the League of Shadows from Batman. He unlocks the forbidden power of the shadow, then begins a ninja war to show his dominance over his former comrades? I know they have a limited area to operate in where lore is concerned, but this lore just makes Zed seem simple-minded and petty. The leader of a guild of assassins should be shown to have serious inner turmoil, not something so straightforward as revenge.

moogle890

11-14-2012

Alright, what would you do differently then?

OneSixthIrish

11-14-2012

Quote:
moogle890:
Alright, what would you do differently then?

Hire Renekton Bot to Riot's creative department and have him hand pick a team to write all future lore forever.

maxterdexter

11-14-2012

Well, he already got his revenge, he now wants to change the political and spiritual views of ionia drasticaly.

Helmight

Recruiter

11-14-2012

I think to a certain extent, joining the League is PART of Zed's revenge. He's likely still pissed off at Shen and the old ninja order for never accepting him, and what better way to throw it in Shen's face than to join the League? He'll have every opportunity to kill Shen over and over again and learn how best to teach his shadow ninja trainees how to fight members of the old order. Additionally, his joining of the League gives Zed a chance to put his Order of the Shadow on the map - his participation gives them political clout with which to further their agenda.

Vongeo

11-14-2012

I don't think that his lore is terrible, but as the new champions are beginning to become in the visual and story sense having less and less variance from one another.

They are all to sleek and predictable, made for those sorts of people who like that stuff, all darting forwards and "dark"(laughable) and "mysterious"(again) all just varties of a few archetype rather than there own being.

DrunksNDragons

11-15-2012

My only problem with Zed's lore is that the champion's name is Zed. All I can think of is Lord Zed from Power Rangers and they even have a similar metal face grating. At least Shen's name sounds nina-esc. But oh well.

goeasyonme89

11-16-2012

you're mad that Riot sort of copied kung fu panda/ shredder???? Have you seen the other champs? A lot of them, lore, skin, names all have something to do with something else outside the game... you're just realizing this now with Zed?

Anyways... I think his lore gives him mystery, and I think its perfect for him... he is after all the master of shadows.

ATadInsanes

11-18-2012

It's not just revenge, he believes that it was unfair that Shen got special attention even though they were equals. He perceives Ionia's 'balance' as a ridged structure that doesn't let the powerful grow, and instead promotes weakness cutting them down.