What to do about lane partners?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alukardian

11-14-2012

What are you suppose to do when your lane partner continually pushes the lane to the enemy tower and uses aoe skills to kill off all the minions? Just had a game like this toplane and I couldn't get my character rolling to be a benefit to my team. After they pushed it they left to kill jungle minions so between him and the enemy jungler I had nothing to make gold off of.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

Unfortunately in early levels you are going to be sharing top and that means sharing farm unless you are a zero CS support. It's even worse if you are 2v1ing the enemy. Buying some Gold items (Philo, Avarice, Kages, HoG; HoG is going to be removed) may help.

What level are you? And are you willing to try jungling or support?

Fragment of Mind

11-14-2012

If it's an evident problem, I'd suggest just asking politely for the CS. Unless you're playing support and your partner was a carry, there's no reason why you shouldn't have some.

Thessalonike

11-14-2012

if you are doing a 2-1-2 without a jungle then start wandering. you don't need to leave him high and dry but take some camps.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

^ you'll here this called "roaming"

and at least one player top should do it post 6. Most champions (non-supports) in a duo top will have a strong ult to gank with.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

^sorry for king silas, he forgot to say duo top lane is not efficient for the team. you guys need a jungler so your other lanes can get ganks, and your team can make use of the resources on the map better. if he cared he would of told you this.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

YES you should have a jungler. At lower levels this isn't always possible.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

having a jungler helps at all levels. it is called making use of the resources on the map, and having more gank potential.

why would it not be possible? they don't own the champs and runes is that what you talking about when you say not always possible? why would you even bring 'not always possible' into this?

TwistWrist

11-14-2012

Because if your solo top isn't handling a 1v2 well and feeding like crazy, then having a jungler is a waste of time.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

nope wrong. you can say the same for any lane. but typically teams with 2 on top lane get owned not what twistwrist implied. he implied a situation less common. the 2 on top get under fed and face rolled later in the game. and their team again lacks ganks from a jungler.

twist wrist just gave a rare exception, doesn't mean it is ok, to just accept the lesser method as equal to the superior method. the superior method is still superior, but on rare occasions does fail like anything can, but still is superior method.