Is Shurelia Really The Only Person Who Handles Balancing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zardoc

10-06-2010

Quote:
The worst problem is that you never listen to the community and always nerf or buff the wrong way. Look at Garen. The problem with him is that he does to much initial damage and has terrible scaling. This encourages tank builds and is why he can take so much damage and dish it out. The community said the way to fix him was to increase his scaling and lower his base damage, yet it was his survivability that was nerfed. It is the same story with Ezreal. His issue was his early game damage, yet it was his late game that you really continued to hurt to the point where he is no longer that good of a range carry. All he needed was his initial Q damage toned down by a lot and his scaling increased, but you nerfed his lategame and slightly nerfed his early game.
Actually, I tend do disagree here. If they buff the scaling, Garen will be a god late game. People will still build him tank, but instead of just building SC's, FoN and Mercury Threads, he will simply add an Atma's, still having good survivability while dealing damage that actually hurts everybody instead of just squishies.
What they really need to fix is, that melee carries have to build craptons of tank items to be even nearly as effective as ranged dps. You don't build tank items with Garen/any other melee carry because you can, but because you are forced to do so to be of any use. Garen just happens to be a tad better at this than other melees.
Quote:

This isn't an RTS, there are soft counters present in league but there should never be a case of "oh lol, they have X champion, now all Y type champions are completely useless."

Removing SotD, or atleast removing the anti-dodge mechanic would help Jax. Very. Very. Much. It is ridiculous to have an item that is designed to counter >>1<< hero, especially a hero that's already pretty much useless.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rancid Sac

10-06-2010

Jax - was king of melee and was nerfed prior to the rise of garen, olaf, Xin, and other tanky dps champs. He's useless now because he doesn't have anywhere near the damage output they do without buying DPS items. Why was he overnerfed? Possibly because of forums?

TF - Whenever you see a good TF player (i.e. WCG) you'll notice that TF still fulfills his role very well in the right hands. He doesn't let players escape a gank, he backdoors like mad, and he never lets the other team baron. Shurelia has said a million times that he has certain utility aspects that need to be kept in mind when assessing his damage output/survivability).

Xin - Okay, when I read the numbers I laughed pretty hard. This guy really made me lose faith in Riot's ability to crunch numbers when it comes to champions, but it turns out TR was down the whole time and apparently the almighty TR players' feedback really is worth something (again, considering what players say).

Shaco - Still awesome, but he can't be abused anymore like he used to be, so he's fallen out of high elo play to a large extent.

Urgot - He's a mess. Not much to do with balance though this is just really odd champion design (see: Gangplank, for another example).

Garen - His problem is that he's unkillable, and judgement. Not sure why Judgement has gone ignored for so long.