How to deal with intentional feeding.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glitchey

11-14-2012

I just queued up for my 9th ranked game, really hoping to win and get back up near 1600. With the new season rolling in I really want to be able to make a name for myself since I am starting off on a stronger foot compared to season 2, when I had just begun playing the game. The issue that I ran into, when I queued for my 9th game, is that two players, of my own team, verbally stated they were going to feed starting at level one. Note, I would have dodged if I had been warned before we were already in the match. The score ended 9-34, with a sona who was 1-18 and a graves who I believe was 2-6, which doesn't seem like feeding, but he stated multiple times in chat that he stopped feeding because Sona took care of it for him. When 20 minutes rolled around, we surrendered and I began my 10th game.

Obviously these guys are probably going to get banned, but I am asking for more. Now I'm not asking for a pity party or sympathy or anything, but I would like to try, as a community, to try and come up with a way to fix this, instead of solely relying on Riot to address this problem. Hopefully we can use this thread as that resource, so please, share your ideas.

Yajin

11-14-2012

It's tough because, as far as in-game answers go, I'm not sure there are any. They can't just add something like "If x number of people in the game vote that someone is feeding, something bad happens to him and/or his teammates don't lose ELO." I'm sorry to say that that sort of thing would probably see all sorts of abuse and, honestly, I'd guess this is mostly just a problem at lower-ELO (not that that makes it okay).

On top of this, even if you consider the "Intentional Feeding" post-game report option, that seems to get misused all the time (from what I hear/am told) and "bad" players end up getting flagged for it, despite not "intentionally" throwing a game. Even then, I'm not sure how much good reporting actually does, in the big picture. At the end of the day, you can't stop people who decide to intentionally feed, when they're having a bad day, when they have a great/perfect record, up to that point. You just can't account for that (not to mention accounts getting hacked).

Honestly, the best I can come up with is just to allow people to see how many times you've been "flagged" for something like Intentional Feeding, before they have to commit to a game. It still doesn't address the "first timer" issue but, frankly, if there was a great solution for this problem, I'm sure it would probably be implemented already. Good thread, though.

Glitchey

11-14-2012

You bring up a good point about having your account be flagged and alerting your teammates that you tend to feed, but the issue is that you force the other four players to dodge that queue. Now sure, if you have tons of time on your hands and don't mind waiting the allotted time to play again, by all means dodge. But not all players, me as an example, can play for extended periods of time. I usually can play one, maybe two games a day. The only current thing I can see happening is that once they go through the tribunal process and are convicted, a Riot employee will review the case and refund elo, but again, i don't even know if that is in protocol or not.