Raceism

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

terranlord

11-14-2012

very well put pheonix dog

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRASRBIN View Post
Lol dude you went from racism to sexual determination...
@Topic just ignore and mute that kind of players and report them after match
They're basically the same thing. He gets insulted "for being black" (whether he is or not). I get insulted for being gay. Both things we can't control and get insulted for. *shrugs*

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
They're basically the same thing. He gets insulted "for being black" (whether he is or not). I get insulted for being gay. Both things we can't control and get insulted for. *shrugs*
Why are you telling people you're gay? Wouldn't that just be asking for it?

Also, if you aren't telling them you're gay then they obviously are being immature and ignorant. Someone might as well call you a pumpkin and it's the same type of ignorance.

I try to understand the context instead of the words used. Also, there is a report button and an ignore option against these jerks.

adc

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raherin View Post
Why are you telling people you're gay? Wouldn't that just be asking for it?

Also, if you aren't telling them you're gay then they obviously are being immature and ignorant. Someone might as well call you a pumpkin and it's the same type of ignorance.

I try to understand the context instead of the words used. Also, there is a report button and an ignore option against these jerks.
I don't tell anyone I'm gay (generally, anyway - it does slip out occasionally when I'm playing with friends), and normally I don't get insulted for it. It generally is just them calling me a *** as a generic insult. I do realize that, and I was just using it as an example.

PhoenixDog

11-14-2012

Quote:
How does it perpetuate that? If someone starts screaming "******" and such at me (since it's censored, I'll preface this by saying I'm gay and that's what the curse words are referring to), I'm going to get angry. For two reasons. One, he's insulting me over something I have no control over, and two, he's insulting me - period. Getting angry because some ******* called me a worthless *** doesn't perpetuate the difference, or give it power it doesn't deserve. People who call others ******s do that.

If every gay person in the world just said **** it and stopped trying to fight for our right to get married, or whatever other issue it is at the time, we wouldn't suddenly gain all those rights. People who were against it would just start gloating about how they were right, and we finally realized we were wrong, and nothing would go anywhere.
If someone gets upset and calls you a f*****.. Just say "yeah? So what?" and let him spout his racist or bigot ways. You getting upset just gives him the knowledge that what he is saying works. It also shows other people that there is still a clear line between colour or sexual orientation. Just think about what is upsetting you... Is it the person themselves, or the words they are using? If the former, just be happy to know that your life must be much better than his of he needs to attack something about someone that they have no control over, just to feel better for themselves. If the latter, remind yourself that you're getting upset over a word... A word... Just because it has some meaning towards it doesn't make it any less "just a word". It's you getting upset that gives the word its power. Don't get upset, and it's just another word like dog or spaghetti.

teh d wreck

11-14-2012

Quote:
I don't tell anyone I'm gay (generally, anyway - it does slip out occasionally when I'm playing with friends), and normally I don't get insulted for it. It generally is just them calling me a *** as a generic insult. I do realize that, and I was just using it as an example.
Ah got ya. I see you like bottom lane. I prefer top myself lulz. =P

adc

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
If someone gets upset and calls you a f*****.. Just say "yeah? So what?" and let him spout his racist or bigot ways. You getting upset just gives him the knowledge that what he is saying works. It also shows other people that there is still a clear line between colour or sexual orientation. Just think about what is upsetting you... Is it the person themselves, or the words they are using? If the former, just be happy to know that your life must be much better than his of he needs to attack something about someone that they have no control over, just to feel better for themselves. If the latter, remind yourself that you're getting upset over a word... A word... Just because it has some meaning towards it doesn't make it any less "just a word". It's you getting upset that gives the word its power. Don't get upset, and it's just another word like dog or spaghetti.
Sadly, "it's just a word" doesn't work with most people. I'm from the internet, so it doesn't really bother me, but I know plenty of people who would have trouble getting passed it (to put it mildly) someone vehemently hating and calling them names like that. Keep in mind that a lot of gay people have grown up in a society that uses "gay" and others slurs such as that as a generic insult on a daily basis. That doesn't really help them realize there's nothing wrong with being gay.

Same thing with "coming out". It's made out to be this huge, giant event when really it's just you saying "Yep, I like dicks" or "Yep, ****** pl0x".

Anyway, enough blabbering on. I don't personally give a ****, but a lot of people can and do give ****s about being called a f****t, or a n****r, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raherin View Post
Ah got ya. I see you like bottom lane. I prefer top myself lulz. =P
God damn it. When I changed my name, over half my friends started making this joke. JUST BECAUSE MY NAME IS "AD BOTTOM" DOESN'T MEAN I LIKE DICKS IN MY BUTT DAMN IT. THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT WHEN I CHANGED IT ATARYJARTHAERATHJ.

teh d wreck

11-14-2012

Quote:
Sadly, "it's just a word" doesn't work with most people. I'm from the internet, so it doesn't really bother me, but I know plenty of people who would have trouble getting passed it (to put it mildly) someone vehemently hating and calling them names like that. Keep in mind that a lot of gay people have grown up in a society that uses "gay" and others slurs such as that as a generic insult on a daily basis. That doesn't really help them realize there's nothing wrong with being gay.

Same thing with "coming out". It's made out to be this huge, giant event when really it's just you saying "Yep, I like dicks" or "Yep, ****** pl0x".

Anyway, enough blabbering on. I don't personally give a ****, but a lot of people can and do give ****s about being called a f****t, or a n****r, etc.

God damn it. When I changed my name, over half my friends started making this joke. JUST BECAUSE MY NAME IS "AD BOTTOM" DOESN'T MEAN I LIKE DICKS IN MY BUTT DAMN IT. THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT WHEN I CHANGED IT ATARYJARTHAERATHJ.
Hahaha, i could not resist that one lmao!

adc

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Damn it man, the place I choose to be in bed has nothing to do with my League name >:|.

It's almost as bad as people who think they're witty and go "hurr hurr y u no play ad bottom?" when I pick something other than ADC.

PhoenixDog

11-14-2012

Why do you think it works so well? People still get upset by it.