Some real Zed feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

11-14-2012

Overall this champ feels very weak and offers little to the team. He is a liability. His only strong point is that he is fun to play, but if it's for anything competitive, you wouldn't dream of using Zed to win.

Passive
10 second cool down makes it useless for fighting. On top of that, it is reduced by magic resist. The only use I find is for last hitting minions easier. Maybe remove the CD so he can actually ASSASSINATE those low health leftovers.

Shuriken
Just a ridiculous amount of energy for a low damage poke. It's almost made purposely so you can't use it during a fight without making yourself essentially silenced.

Living Shadow
His most important skill. You have to ask yourself, what is the use of this skill? Is it:

a) gap closer
b) faster jungling tool
c) escape
d) something to add damage to his Q to make him needlessly more difficult to play

with its current range, I would say it definitely cannot be (a) or (c). The range on this ability needs to go way up to accomplish either of those.

Shadow Slash
His only good ability right now, but why doesn't overlapping living shadows deal any damage from this ability?

Death Mark
An assassin needs to have a low cool down on their ult, like Katarina or Dianna, so the player will not hesitate to use it to chase down and ASSASSINATE individual enemies. When you put a long 2 minute cool down, you are saying that it is a game changing ult, like a Kennen ult. This doesn’t make any sense on Zed. The cool down should be cut in half of its current value. It would also be good if it reset on a kill.

11-16-2012

Current Win Rate:
http://www.lolking.net/champions/zed#statistics

37.83%

No surprises there. A balaced champ should be 50%. An under powered champ will be around 45%. Having a win rate of 37% is just LOLOLOL what a joke.

But wait I know what you're going to say, he's still new and people haven't figured out how to play him yet right? There must be some excuse why he is losing so hard.

But let's wait and see for more data. I'm sure the number of games isn't quite high enough yet.

Koww

11-16-2012

I have noticed a few things with him that strike me as odd as well.

I have been playing bots to figure out a good build for him and my play style, and I have seen a few things that really made me question my choice in Champion.

First, Vlad can turn into his awesome pool of blood, removing the Mark, negating my R completely. Is this intended? Are there other champions that can completely negate the effects of my Ult? What should I look out for?

Second, Flashing champs seem to get away from the same Mark, again nerfing my ability to even use his R. Now I know that they are bots and have perfect timing, but really? This just hurts.

Anyway, I know there is more, but I wanted to keep this short and see what your thoughts are on Zed's performance issues.

Koww
Moo Power!

Semiwestern

11-16-2012

I agree with this post. Actually I agree with everything said except for the passive. I think the passive is fine, but all of his other abilities need changes. Q needs damage+ and energy- , w needs range, e is fine, and r needs much, much lower cd.

Nocte Prime

11-16-2012

The passive needs a shorter CD, and you're right, its really only useful for last hitting.

Needed Fixes:

1) Energy costs and energy regen need to be addressed. E is meant to be spammed but at 50 energy a pop it tears through energy. The paltry regen tied to his W isn't enough.

2) He needs more mobility. Right now his movement speed is awful and he has a difficult time staying on target. Its frustrating when you can't even keep up with most champs. The CD on his W needs to be lowered along with its energy cost. The range on W needs to be increased. The slow attached to his E in unwieldy and barely noticeable.

3) His ult needs some of its damage front loaded. Its too easy for your opponent to flash, exhaust silence or dash away from you and avoid almost all of your damage. The CD also needs to be drastically lowered if the ult is going to stay as it is for something that is so easily avoided. I wouldn't mind seeing a stun, silence or slow attached to the ult as well.

He also needs a better payoff for landing his combos. Right now it just feels unrewarding.

DatOneBrutha

11-16-2012

Vlad pooled right after my mark (and combo) once. He died in pool form when mark popped.

Just rewatched the replay for confirmation.

Koww

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneBrotha View Post
Vlad pooled right after my mark (and combo) once. He died in pool form when mark popped.

Just rewatched the replay for confirmation.
Hmmm, I need to keep trying then. It may have been he went to blood as I came in and the mark never took?

SeigO

11-16-2012

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/444217#ranked-stats

Current Win Rate: 72%+

i guess the learning curve is difficult for people?

Gankez

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeigO View Post
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/444217#ranked-stats

Current Win Rate: 72%+

i guess the learning curve is difficult for people?
1127 elo.. that cant be right?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar ┴ang View Post
Death Mark
An assassin needs to have a low cool down on their ult, like Katarina or Dianna, so the player will not hesitate to use it to chase down and ASSASSINATE individual enemies. When you put a long 2 minute cool down, you are saying that it is a game changing ult, like a Kennen ult. This doesnĺt make any sense on Zed. The cool down should be cut in half of its current value. It would also be good if it reset on a kill.
Because CDR doesn't exist, and it doesn't already deal an insane amount of single target damage worthy of an assassination skill...[](/eeyup)

Sorry if I'm being overly sarcastic; I've been watching my younger brother wreck **** as Zed for a week now. To be perfectly honest, he's not the best player, but if he can make Zed work as he is, I'm kinda scared for what would happen if he got buffed.