Zed and Shen Lore Contradicting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Emu

11-14-2012

While reading Zed's lore today, I noticed something strange that is quite bothersome to me personally. According to Zed's lore he killed Shen's father, in what sounds like a 1v1 meeting. "The dark ninja followed the master inside", and later "emerged" (implying he was unseen by others, including Shen) and "threw the severed head of the master at Shen's feet". Recall, that the Master, is in fact, Shen's dad (according to Zed's lore).

Now move on to Shen's lore, which I'd like to point out is woefully short, but that is for another topic, In Shen's lore is said he had to attend "a ceremony in which his father was tortured before his eyes". A test which he passed.

Now, I suppose it is possible that Shen watched Zed torture his father to pass this test, but giving the wording and scene depicted in Zed's lore, I personally find this unlikely as to me it seemed that Zed and the Master were alone in the temple. In addition, Shen's test is a "ceremony" which would be done from within the ninja order, not done by a random visit from a former student. Finally, one might speculate that the Master (if he was being tortured as opposed to having a quick death) would be screaming. This is plausible I feel since it would be another way to test Shen during his test to become an Eye of Twilight. However, the only screams to be heard were Zed's according to his lore.

Please Riot, for the love of lore, I implore you to either clarify the ambiguity or fix this (minor) blight of League of Legends lore!

OneSixthIrish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Don't fret. They'll retcon and ruin Shen Kennel and Akali's Lores before long. Assuming they follow the same lore pattern they have been. I miss you old Karthus.

Thanias1

11-14-2012

Whoa whoa whoa, excuse me, but you are making a HUGE mistake by making this false dichotomy.

Just because Shen endured a test that involved his father being tortured DOES NOT mean that it was the same time in which Zed killed him. Remember that Zed was banished, and did not return until he had a giant ninja army. By that time, Shen was already a fully fledged ninja, and the ceremony would have already occured. Zed's lore does not have any contradictions with anything I've seen in the lore. Especially nothing stated here.

Meshly

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSixthIrish View Post
Don't fret. They'll retcon and ruin Shen Kennel and Akali's Lores before long. Assuming they follow the same lore pattern they have been. I miss you old Karthus.
Yeah, maybe when they update Crystal Scar they'll move it to Ionia and make it part of Shen, Kennen, Akali, and Zed's lore. Putting some long and complicated lore behind Crystal Scar and at the same leave Skarner's untouched.

ArcticSirius

11-16-2012

They say his father was tortured, not to death. Torture isn't really used to kill.

Akesgeroth

11-16-2012

"And now my son, before you may become a ninja, you must watch me drive nails into my own nutsack."

"Father, is this really necessary? I mean you ARE the head of our order..."

"DO NOT QUESTION ME! Now hand me the hammer."

Bowsman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Congrats your shen evolved into a zed!

Oh wait! Your zed can learn TMOP!

Would you like to teach him it?

Yes Or nooo?

OK then! *epic Pokemon music* tada you zed is now op! he can now use "ALTER LORE!" and **** up the lore of other champion in the league!

CabecoteNA

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshly View Post
Yeah, maybe when they update Crystal Scar they'll move it to Ionia and make it part of Shen, Kennen, Akali, and Zed's lore. Putting some long and complicated lore behind Crystal Scar and at the same leave Skarner's untouched.
Crystal Scar lore is fine and it should stay in Kalamanda. That place is a lore gold mine to be explored. Can't wait for what they might do in there

Thanias1

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshly View Post
There already is a long and complicated lore behind Crystal Scar. Read the JoJ.

lastcenturion

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
There already is a long and complicated lore behind Crystal Scar. Read the JoJ.
oh the league judgements...
they are probably never gonna make another one because they think that we are dumbasses that hate reading and want all womans to have GIANT BOOBS and act cocky.
BECAUSE THAT'S HOW TO MAKE A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER RIIIIGHT?