Guy with 112 wins in ranked, doesn't seem right

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackfire447

11-14-2012

So I got matched up again this Sona last game, nice guy, gl;hf, gg wp, the works, but throughout the game he made some strange plays. Build 2 philo stones, had them all game, caught out of position many times, missed opportunities with ult...

After the game I told him philos dont stack, and he said he realized this halfway through game and would get HoG next game, congratulated me on victory, nice guy.

I looked at his profile and saw he had 1 ranked win. I also saw he had just 112 wins total...Now he may be a nice guy, but I would never want him on my team, he just hasn't played enough to know what to do...Kinda felt bad for the other team since they were really kinda lacking without a decent support...

I feel like it is way to easy to hit 30 and play ranked, and even when they do, there should maybe be a minimum win requirement in normals to play ranked....Just doesn't seem fair to match someone with 112 wins in their 2nd ranked game ever again people with 1000s of wins...

Blackfire447

11-14-2012

bump

PsychoticTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I started rank at 90 wins and I carried my first 2 ranked games and won 6 straight before losing, granted i only played 7 games =P

ALLIIAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Nice guy
Hope he learns
Nice job helping him out

Osaaka

11-14-2012

I lol'd

Valiant Corvus

11-14-2012

I'd take him over a good player that rages about everything that goes wrong.

DarkPsx

11-14-2012

I think newer players to ranked get put up against newer players. I could be wrong but when I leveled alts and started playing ranked it seemed to be the case.

That being said, as a relatively good player, I wish I didn't need to spend so much time leveling just to make a new account for ranked, but I understand why the system into place. Your account is an investment - it is leverage used against you to get you not to troll and do bad things. It also gives you the feeling of progression, which is what drives us to play.

So even if you made the process longer for the sake of these particular players, you wouldn't be accounting for different players involved in the leveling process. I understand your intentions, but we either need to spend time to figure out a more effective solution (as if anything needed to be changed for whatever reason) or extract data in some way to see if this is actually a problem in the first place.

Remember, people learn by playing. Some people stick to normals, others love ranked. Ranked players enter with a more competitive mindset and still experience a sense of progression. Lesson's will be accepted and more games should be played.

Shadowmere

11-14-2012

Problem partly solved to new matchmaking taking into account the # of wins each player has.