Visual Upgrade: Nidalee, the Bestial Huntress

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

michelada

11-14-2012

so she will cost 1350 now?

BTBreen

11-14-2012

Time for pratice Cougar.

Griefblade

11-14-2012

nice

kyocat64

11-14-2012

Omg Riot you did something right. Looks amazing. Yeah Sivir next would be awesome though

Phantom Symphony

11-14-2012

Opened LoL to see this
My Reaction: FUCCCCCKKKYEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
Question: are Snow Bunny and Leopard getting upgraded as well?

Rambo OTF

11-14-2012

are you going to make her ult like elise where its ready from level one

ArchCrystal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Should update Akali's art as well as fix Tristana's Rocket Jump

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Great work on these guys, although if I can voice a criticism I'll say that I'm kind of disappointed in the cougar form (at least the default one). It doesn't look like a sleek, predatory cat anymore; it looks like some kind of magical sabre-tooth pokemon to me.

I guess with all the "call of the wild" theme I found it appealing that her cougar actually looked natural like a cougar. Mythical beings with embedded emeralds leaves me kind of

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-14-2012
15 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post
Yay! I'm excited for this!!!

I swear visual upgrades get me more excited than new champions!
Well, here's the thing. What's neat about Riot is that we feel there's value in it all and a huge part of that is paying attention to our characters that need some love.

New Champions provide a furthering of our IP, new game mechanics, and essentially a fresh game every patch. Skins, those drive engagement with our players, giving people a new spin every time we add something new to their favorite character. Reworks, that's where we get to really reinvest and rejuvenate our older champions.

We've become dedicated to showing that don't care about just what's new and shiny, we want to bring older characters up to snuff. We want to reinvigorate them with all the quality, nuances and polish we've been able to put into our newer content. As our teams have grown, we've finally been able to do this. It's extremely exciting and I am definitely stoked that we as a company can show we care about our existing characters by doing this.

I feel reworks are indeed as exciting as new champions. In many ways, considering how much work we put into a reworked character, they're often equal to if not more of a production. It's really exciting!

Teague Wan

11-14-2012

Taric or Sivir next?