PLEASE steal this ult idea for champ concepts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayfo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I am not much of a lore guy with League of Legends and can't really seem to find the rest set of tools to make a balanced champion the way I wanted him to come out, so I figured I would throw out the idea I had for his ultimate and hope that someone steals it in their champion designs.
(originally had tried to make a champion whose passive effect was that his 4 spells had different abilities when cast on himself i.e. say he has a weak lulu shield effect, would be amplified if on himself type thing)

.....and now after several tries I cannot get the wording right in even describing the spell so I'll just give my description of it as is

Basically I had meant this ult to be for a Solo-top, jungler, or support and have 2 uses.

First use would basically be the Champion leaps in the air and lands dealing a shockwave around where he landed dealing X/X/X amount of damage and slowing nearby enemy champions by 70%
(Had meant for this to feel similar to a jarv jump but just damage/slow no walls and not cast on a target)

Second use is if the Champion cast it on himself (alt-R or selected his portrait for those that click) he begins a 5-second *GLOBAL* channel that slows all enemy champions by 30% for the duration of the channel. If the channel is successful and slows the enemy champion for the full 5-seconds (isn't interupted by zhonya's, cleanse, etc) then the champion becomes stunned for 1.5-seconds
(For this to work I think of it similar to a karth ult, but the slow would have to be unaffected by Tenacity, or something along the lines of the slow refreshes itself every 1second (if that makes sense) so that it would feel impractical to pop cleanse for the slow as it would only remove 1second of the slow+the stun, when they could just save cleanse for the stun instead)
(Similarly the channel can be interupted/cancelled by moving/knockbacks/silence/stun/taunt etc used on the caster)

As a support player, if you do take this idea please give the champ some sort of supporting aura/cc ability :D

I do not know if this is very balanced, I feel that if this was tied in with a balanced toolkit it could easily be put into the top tier of champions as it is a fairly powerful global which feels desperately needed with Solo-top champs right now

Gradunk

11-14-2012

just saying. that is extremely under powered on self cast. if anything i'd add damage per second of the slow, then a higher value for damage on the stun. but with a 5 sec channel, unless the range of the slow is HUGE (probly bigger than amumus ult) then it would be way to easy for champs to walk out of the slow even without cleanse.

HeadinPants

11-14-2012

I'd suggest upping the self-cast slow percentage- maybe 55%? =/

Osprii

11-14-2012

No, guys, its a global ult. It has a global range, like Karthus. Read the entire OP before you comment.

The only way for the enemies to get out of the slow is to cleanse, Zhonya's, Garen's silence, Master Yi's ult... I'm sure there are a few others. Otherwise, it is a sure-fire stun, after 5 seconds. If anything, I would suggest lowering the slow, and lowering the time it takes to stun. Seriously, a 30% slow for 5 seconds? That's a long time, 5 seconds of a slow could make or break a gank in bot lane even without the stun. Maybe more like 20% slow for 2.5 seconds, then a 1/1.5/2 second stun (the self cast should increase with level.)

So, pretty much, its like Karthus's ult, but instead of using it to clean up kills or secure them, it is used to assist.
Seems pretty cool. I bet it would be just as popular as Shen's ultimate.

I'll see if I can't think of a champion to go with it. I'll be posting the concept onto this thread if I think of one.

Osprii

11-15-2012

I'm starting the concept.

Name: Tahmoruk- The Storm Caller

Appearance:
Tallish human, completely bald, but has a long beard. Wears white robes, possibly tattoos with some sort of religious meaning. Pretty much classic monk look. Carries no weapons, but does have a large, wooden horn shaped like a cornucopia that is emblazoned with symbols of some sort.

Quote:
Lore:
This is the draft of the draft on lore. He's a monk of some sort of religious order, and some sort of holy quest has him joining the League. He has studied some sort of elemental power to control the weather. Yes, I know Janna already has this, but to make this guy different, he has a horn that he uses to call the weather, and fights with his fists because he is also a master of martial arts. I'm basing him off of the monk in Diablo III... sorta.
Quote:
Abilities

Innate: Charged Fists
Tahmoruk's basic attacks mark enemies with Charged, up to 3 times. If an ally champion or Tahmoruk deals damage to an enemy with 3 marks, they regenerate health and mana equal to 10+5*level mana and health, while consuming the marks.

Q: Air Coil
Tahmoruk blasts out a powerful burst of wind from his horn that instantly travels 900 units. It deals 60/95/130/165/200 (+60% AP) (+60% bonus AD) physical damage, and immobilizes enemies it hits for .5 seconds.
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Cost: 35/40/45/50/55 mana

W: Downpour
Tahmoruk channels for .5 seconds and then calls a rainstorm in a 400 unit radius circle within 500 units of himself. The storm lasts 5 seconds. The rainstorm heals allied champions in it with by 12/22/32/42/52 (+40% of Tahmoruk's health regen per 5) each second. Enemies lose vision of the inside of the rainstorm unless they are inside of it. Additionally, Tahmoruk can reactivate this ability within 5 seconds to cause the rainstorm to self-destruct, hitting the ground with a powerful bolt of lightning in the process. The lightning deals 40/80/120/160/200 (+60% AP) magic damage to enemies within 600 units of the center of the storm and knocks them back by 400 units.
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14 seconds
Cost: 100 mana

E: Twister
Tahmoruk calls a twister around himself and gains 80% movement speed for 2.5 seconds. While in the twister, he is untargetable and removes all slows on himself. The twister deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+75% AP) (+100% bonus AD) magic damage to all enemies it passes through. Upon reaching the end of the duration, or after reactivating the ability, Tahmoruk detonates the twister, dealing the magic damage again to all enemies within 400 units and knocking them directly away from him by 400 units.
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Cost: 50 mana

R: The Perfect Storm
Tahmoruk begins to meditate, channeling for 3.5 seconds. While meditating he focuses his energies to call a massive storm over the Fields of Justice.
Use 1: He can interrupt his channel at any time by reactivating this ability. Interrupting the channel will cause the storm to send a massive bolt of lightning to Tahmoruk's location, dealing 160/300/440 (+90% AP) magic damage to all enemies within 750 units and slowing them by 50/60/70% for 3 seconds.
Use 2: If Tahmoruk allows the channel to continue, the storm will begin to form thunderheads over the location of each enemy champion. The thunderheads will slow the enemy champions by 10% at first, building up to a 40% slow over the duration of the channel (the duration of this slow is not effected by tenacity or crowd control reduction). If the enemy champions do not cleanse themselves before the end of the channel, then Tahmoruk will use his horn to call lightning from the thunderheads upon them. The lightning deals 60/100/140 (+60% AP) magic damage and to the enemy champions and stuns them for 1/1.5/2 seconds.
Cooldown: 200/180/160 seconds
Cost: 140/160/180 mana
Alright, as you requested, he has some supporty stuff with his passive, his W (which can heal, effectively stealth an ally, and prevent enemies from chasing them), and the fact that his Q reduces attack speed (good for the enemy ADC).

He can go top, because he has good sustain, good poke, and a safe means of escape.

I think he could also jungle, again because of the sustain. His Twister, E, could also double as a powerful ganking mechanism, if you dash in front of enemies, then knock them back into you ally when it detonates. The first use on his ultimate could also be a good mechanism for crowd control.

He might even be able to go mid. After all, he has that easy poke and stacks off of AP ok. I don't think he would work as a totally AP champ, though, so probably not.

Anyway, tell me if you like it, or if you have any suggestions, criticisms, whatever.

Vehngheil

11-15-2012

I took me reading the responses to understand whatyou were trying to describe here, but I think it's a really cool idea.

Osprii

11-16-2012

Thanks. I already had some of the ideas for the Q,W, and E, and the champions theme.

When I saw the ultimate Ayfo thought of it seemed to fit right into this champ.

I wonder if Ayfo will ever look back at this thread? His post didn't make him sound like he went on the forums a lot.

Ayfo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I rarely use forums, only really come on here when I'm losing elo........been a bad day

I've written and rewritten my thoughts on your champion concept, to the point where I more or less changed the champion in attempts to balance it, and this is just my 2 cents on it, its entirely your champ

Warning: I am terrible at describing things so I make vague references to other champ's spells

The Q: Basically this is going to be his bread and butter spell, the way you describe this spell makes it seem that the class is almost based around him and its an awesome idea. Completely agree with the .5s snare and the damage, but because a top-lane would be pumping this out around every 3-4 seconds you can't have the atk speed slow in there. Would make him unkillable in duels.
Also feel that because of how strong this spell is already and how fast u will be pumping it out, need to take away a bit of its utility. My idea for that would be to take away targetting function, make it either like Eve's Q or have it so that the spell only fires in front of the champion; gives it that high utility still, but makes it more of an offensive utility, which Riot loves to sneak in lately.

The W: Really like the concept, but again theres just too much utility in this spell. I'm picturing this to be something like a graves/nasus aoe spell, but again something needs to go. Healing in an aoe location is awesome, could easily see Riot put that in as it has minor utility but makes it feel strong enough to encourage dem early-sales. But heres where I think you could either make it like a Ziggs W, where it gives passive healing, but you can detonate it to give a burst of healing and knockback enemies in radius. *Or re-route your atk speed loss here, give it a bit of a larger radius (along the size of Nasus E) allies standing in it get healed and enemies standing in it have reduced atk spd (could even tie in a minimal slow for enemies and atk speed bonus for allies)

The E I actually feel is fairly balanced. Assuming you mean it to be similar to kow'maw's passive except that he's alive and it gives a minor knockback, could easily see this being live

The R (as i read it at least) seems like you changed it slightly from my "boom-dmg-slow" concept of him leaping in with a smash, to more of a Nunu ult feel. Which does feel alot more balanced given the toolkit of escapes this champion already has.

The passive is weak but decent, which again is easily made up for by the amount of damage/utility this champ can bring (EDIT: could always even rework it to co-ordinate with Q, say Q gives a slow, and when Q is used on a target affected by passive it snares the target for .5 seconds for every mark on the target)

Overall, awesome champ design, love the thought of him being associated with Storms; fits the toolkit really well, its your champion feel free to spread him around the forums, these are just my opinions on balancing, ignore them as you like XD

Alucard Vanguard

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradunk View Post
just saying. that is extremely under powered on self cast. if anything i'd add damage per second of the slow, then a higher value for damage on the stun. but with a 5 sec channel, unless the range of the slow is HUGE (probly bigger than amumus ult) then it would be way to easy for champs to walk out of the slow even without cleanse.
the cast on self sounds like a larger viktor stun that is channeled, i agree you should add damage.

Osprii

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard Vanguard View Post
the cast on self sounds like a larger viktor stun that is channeled, i agree you should add damage.
Its a global ultimate. It isn't like Viktor, its more like Karthus's ultimate... with a stun.