Game freezing computer after entering match

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrimbus

11-14-2012

Title essentially says it all. My problem is that every time I enter a match, after it loads into game and I am on screen for about 30 seconds or so, it freezes my computer up. Unless I hard restart, it stays that way indefinitely. Some things to note:

1. has only happened since the latest patch, but I also inadvertently updated to the newest drivers without playing any games before the patch so I don't know if it's one, either, or both of these things causing the issue.

2. I have two monitors, and if I keep the game minimized while I am looking at the other screen or something it won't freeze. it only freezes after I've had the window up for a bit.

3. My system specs are:

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3.4 GHz
2x AMD Radeon HD 6790 graphics cards connect with Crossfire x
8 GB RAM
Asus M5A97 Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS

If you need more information on the hardware let me know

4. I have tried re installing different versions of the Catalyst driver multiple times now. (Had this issue some months ago when I updated a driver - using a previous version worked.)

5. It has gotten to the point that whenever I uninstall the drivers to put an older version in, when installing my computer blackscreens an won't do anything. If I hard restart it says everything is installed properly. I don't have this issue when updating to the most recent version.

I am currently running repair on my client. it is the only thing I can think to do, as I have already spent 6+ hours trying to figure this out. I am becoming a bit frustrated and desperate with fixing this honestly.

6. Everything besides league is working fine.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? League normally runs on my computer 100% fine - barring DC from the internet. If this repair on the client doesn't work I honestly don't have any idea what could be going wrong.

Sorry for the long post, and many thanks to any help/advice I get

Scrimbus

11-14-2012

Okay since my OP I have tried

Repair on client
Updating everything on windows
putting my virus control *(which im not even sure was enbaled to begin with and never had any previous issues with) into gaming mode
reverting back to a previous driver (Not the one I had it last working on tho)
Updating DirectX (Which was already updated)

And nothing. In fact, it freezes slightly sooner than it did previously when entering a match. Although the difference is really only a few seconds but w/e.

Does anyone have ANY idea what I might try? I am grasping for straws at this point. The only thing I can possibly think of doing is just disabling my graphics cards and running off of the basic graphics on the motherboard...but thatll just nerf my computer to hell and isn't a real fix. :|.

Scrimbus

11-14-2012

Bump for help, though I'm not holding my breath at this point. 10 hours spent on this and no fix, submitted a ticket. There goes my day off -_-

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I have the same issue as you when I use my phone as a tether now. It worked before, but I tried a ranked game last night AFTER the patch and didn't get the load screen. It kept erroring out with Rads could not connect to HTTP server.

However, I'm able to play on my work computer. I will test it again when I'm home, but as of last night, I got a leave because I couldn't even connect to the game.

Scrimbus

11-14-2012

My issue is not that I cannot connect, I can connect. Once I am in game and bring up the screen to play, it makes my whole computer freeze after a few seconds. If I were to say minimize the window on the Champion loading screen and keep it that way, it wouldn't freeze. This makes me think that it is a conflict between the graphics card and the patch, in some way or form because I haven't heard of anyone having this exact issue.

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Ah ok. From your computer stats, there isn't much that can be done without hurting your overall capability there so there must be another reason. Add me on LoL, and I'll try to help you troubleshoot it a little more once I get home in about an hour.

Scrimbus

11-14-2012

Alright man, will do. Currently deleted some of my patch folders in an attempt to make it repatch, so I may be a little later than you are getting on but it shouldn't be too much later.

Scrimbus

11-14-2012

Tried repatching everything, installed every driver I could find that was outdated, still having the exact same issue. :|. Anyone? Thoughts?

Scrimbus

11-14-2012

Just recently tried playing some games on the EU-W, same issue. So this is most certainly a graphics card issue

Darlok

11-15-2012

I'm having the same problem since the last patch. They game will freeze in the middle of battle. I hear a looping of the last sound. I can't do anything. I can't even ALT+CNTRL+DLT... my computer is completey frozen and i have to do a hard reset.