Considerable concept: A damage ratio on Wild Card

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

11-14-2012

The other day I found myself in a curious situation. A thirteen year old ponce with the name Digimon1999 (this horrifying name that combined the naive aspect of childhood with everything that is wrong with a LoL solo queuer will remain etched in my soul forever) disregarded lane calls and popped Anivia mid. Because I'm a nice guy who likes to let everyone have what they want, I realized I couldn't unlock Twisted Fate and instead decided to go AD bot as him. As luck would have it, I went up against a Graves which is something I enjoy immensely when playing TF.

Anyway, I remember one point where I landed on the Graves with a gold (he was at about 300 HP). He was dead, but he managed to take a good 1/2 my health out with his Buckshot (I assume that's what his AoE is called) and his ult. It was then that I noticed something.

Wild card is a very useful skill, and in many ways the deciding part of an AP Twisted Fate. With retarded amounts of range and damage scaling, there's little question as to why someone would pick it as a skill. In fact, a lot of the time my AP build with him goes WQQERQEQetc.... Conversely, my AD build goes WEEWEREWEetc... with emphasis on the extra attack speed, stacked deck damage, and stun time. Wild card is a skill that exists in the AP realm but has no place for an AD cardmaster.

This got me thinking, because hybrid is a build not used too often with TF, and AD players really only have the gold stun and stacked deck to provide additional damage in a fight, would it be possible to add a damage ratio to wild card to make it more appealing? It would have no effect on the AP TF and would add for some variety in the AD build's strategy.

tl;dr: AD TF has no need for Wild card. Why not allow wild card to see an AD scaling?

Chessiere

11-14-2012

Yes indeed. TF needs more AD ratios in his skills. Hence why I discussed it in my thread but it's somewhat complicated to go through so I just put out there that: Yes he needs an AD ratio on Wild Cards to be an effective AD carry, as well as a range buff since he has no escapes like Ezreal or even Graves.

Rectal Necrosis

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessiere View Post
Yes indeed. TF needs more AD ratios in his skills. Hence why I discussed it in my thread but it's somewhat complicated to go through so I just put out there that: Yes he needs an AD ratio on Wild Cards to be an effective AD carry, as well as a range buff since he has no escapes like Ezreal or even Graves.
Actually, he has an escape. The most annoying escape in the whole damn game. His ultimate, if being used for utility purposes, let's him push a tower beyond the point of no return, proc his ult, and be out of there. But yes, after that, he has no escape.

Perhaps adding a damage ratio on Stacked Deck could work, but I'd definitely like to see a decent damage scale on wild card. Even if it's .5, that could potentially be an extra 150 damage added to the 260, giving him 400. Sure it's not much compared to an AP scale, but it would make the skill useful late game for when he's holding a push back at tower.

Vuther

11-14-2012

Dat OP name.

Rectal Necrosis

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Dat OP name.
Thank you, summoner.

vats3

11-14-2012

well aslong as you are not geting rid of the ap ratio i dont care

Rectal Necrosis

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vats3 View Post
well aslong as you are not geting rid of the ap ratio i dont care
Nothing against it. The whole concept is to allow him to use his entire tool-kit with an AD build. Not be limited to gold card and gate.