So I have EXACTLY enough RP for either Trundle or Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Creepy4

11-14-2012

I've never tried either, but they both look very cool and it would be a waste to spend that RP on a champion of lesser cost and end up with leftover points that would just end up sitting unused in my account for months (I usually only get RP for birthdays, and it's 9 months to my next one. This time was the only situation in which I've ever bought my own RP. For the new Lulu skin specifically, but I ended up with extra).

I know I'm planning to buy without trying them, but at worst that just means I'll have to use my first refund. I haven't disliked any champion enough to want to refund them yet, and the only champion I've ever tried and not liked was Nautilus. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that I'll like one of these two, if not both. It's just a question of who I'd like more.

So... Tell me about Trundle and Swain.

Ecclesian

11-14-2012

I have never used trundle.

I have used Swain alot and really like playing swain. What I am about to say is going to get me down voted but ignore that. Swain has a built in slow, aoe stun, and an ult that life steals. Swain's E, when it's maxed, makes him do 20% extra damage to enemy champs. I like to go full AD with Swain sometimes being sure to get some att speed with Nashors tooth and always getting a Bloodthirster for even more life steal. It is very common for me to deal as much dmg as other champs normally played AD.

When played as an AP, Swain can deal alot of damage. He has two damage over time abilities and so an enemy champ can think they are about to beat you until all your damage stacks up and you melt them. Swains ult is not only one of the most useful but also one of the coolest in the game. I like to run from champs while I'm ult'd, heal myself, and do damage all at the same time.

Swain is a great champ and I highly recommend him as I personally have consistently done very well with him.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

^ lol at first I was like "why would I down vote" and then I read "full AD"

Anyways OP, I don't really prefer playing either? However, Swain has some of the highest DPS for an AP (Cass is higher and there may be a few other). Generally I prefer REALLY high burst on my mages. His E really increases his damage though, and you will usually max it by level 9. It takes a little while to master hitting his Nevermove, but besides that his skill set isn't too hard to learn. The only thing he really suffers from is how short hist range is. Other than that his damage is high, and he can be rather beefy with spell vamp and a little bit of hp. Watch out for 1v1ing anyone with ignite.

Trundle can clear jungle camps really quickly, but he is a below average laner. The problem with his jungle is that he doesn't really have hard CC, and attempting ganks can be hard. Generally though he stays sustained while clearing camps. While ganks are sort of weak, with experience he is a great hit and run champion. His fast clear times and movespeed allow him to gank (your job is to force summoner uses like flash), clear a camp, gank, counter jungle, etc etc. Late game he's sort of an anti-bruiser I guess? He excells at splitting up teams in the jungle, and blocking escapes. Should he split a bruiser off from his team, he allows his team to melt them quickly.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Trundle is a unique champion. He is, along with only one other champion, to actually steal statistics (The other being Malphite stealing MS), from a small set that generates terrain (Anivia and Jarvan IV), and one of few champions that sustains by essentially doing nothing, since simply being around dying minions restores his health. He is also one of very few who has both an inherent reduction against crowd control AND a movement speed bonus.

He's slightly weak, however, since he is an old champion and his animations leave something to be desired, plus he only has two damaging abilities; his Q (Which steals AD) and his ult (Which steals armor, HPs, and MR); of the two, the latter doesn't deal a large amount of damage. Plus he is exclusively melee outside of his ultimate, which is hardly a nuke in and of itself even if you build to scale it's damage higher.

Swain is a strong contender in lane with both mana and HP sustain, two types of CC, and he ends up being very tough to kill and impossible to ignore. He can burst AND DPS, which is rare among the champions in the game who usually are weak bursters and strong DPS or strong burst and nonexistent DPS. With his slow and ability to damage units while on the move, Swain is also very good at kiting champions.

He's beaten hard by anything that cuts healing, however, and he has relatively short range. Plus, he eats mana like candy and his ultimate has a deceptively short duration. Outside of his raven form he is easily killed, plus Swain himself is slow and not very mobile.

Skyhawke

11-14-2012

Honestly, I think Trundle is fun, but I would dissuade most people from buying him. His only "good-feeling" move is his pillar, and the rest of his power is mostly invisible.

I don't own Swain, but he seems pretty fun. He does have some hard counters that seem to keep him out of competitive play, but in most games you should be able to play him and do very well. His Ult, as mentioned earlier, is probably one of the most rewarding ultimates in the game. Play him AP, though.

Ecclesian

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSilas View Post
^ lol at first I was like "why would I down vote" and then I read "full AD"

You havent ever personally AD swain have you? Its actually really fun and I ALWAYS carry when I do it.

Imagine and adc with built in life-steal, a slow, and an aoe stun...

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

i'd get swain not trundle. who knows riot might want to make trundle a true troll champ deliberately making his kite designed to troll his own team some day, just as a joke champion. I wouldn't risk it on trundle. He might be the only champ that can legitimately damage his partners, that'd be so troll potential.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

^ I have not, though I'm have been interested in trying AD malz, so I might try them both.

(Does anyone know is Malz voidling does AD damage like Elise's spiderlings? I know they benefit from armor pen)

Creepy4

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
i'd get swain not trundle. who knows riot might want to make trundle a true troll champ deliberately making his kite designed to troll his own team some day, just as a joke champion. I wouldn't risk it on trundle. He might be the only champ that can legitimately damage his partners, that'd be so troll potential.
I really doubt Riot will ever do that with Trundle. It's just a bad business move.

Still, seems like Swain is getting more love anyways. At the moment I'm leaning towards Swain.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

plus i love champs with heals. swain has that going him.