Lyte - Can you explain this to me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaarrjj

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It's actually not favoritism from Riot.

The player behavior team doesn't even use Elo or pro player status when determining our ban sweeps or penalties. It's actually just a matter of the players not reporting each other at the highest tier. In addition, if pro players are being racist or offensive in their stream language but not in-game, it's not something we can detect through the in-game systems.

The eSports team is going to be more proactive about pro player behavior in Season 3.
You know, some of these players have a point. Why ARE they featured streamers?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-14-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
You know, some of these players have a point. Why ARE they featured streamers?
No one with extremely poor behavior should be a Featured Streamer. Which examples are we talking about?

Skaarrjj

11-14-2012

Quote:
No one with extremely poor behavior should be a Featured Streamer. Which examples are we talking about?
Whoa there, I'm not going to get involved in THAT ****-storm and start pointing fingers and throwing out names on a public forum. What I can say though, is that they aren't extremely poorly behaved, but at times they can get particularly nasty.

Almost reminds me of the DJ Wheat Inside the game episode where he flipped the hell out and looked like a clown. Just in text form.

Skaarrjj

11-14-2012

Also, the players that ARE streaming, and are obviously behaving poorly in a way that is making players in the game miserable, that is more proof than what you guys need, isn't it? Since I mean there's a recording showing everyone how bad mannered they are?

Shouldn't ALL professional streamers be even more harshly subjected since they have to provide...i don't know....a role model so to speak? Or is that something outside of riots hands?

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Well, if you are so sure that some streamers and role models in this game are behaving poorly and you have the proof.. and you want the justice to prevail, there's no need to post publicly their names or their streams. Just PM the Rioters since they are requesting that info to exactly amend what you were complaining in the firs post .

N4roth

11-14-2012

Featured streamers are usually the classy high elo players like Gbob.

XKGunbunny

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberas View Post
So for those guys u can wait till season 3 but for everyone else they get banned now.Get it people?He just said im waiting till season 3.
He said he's waiting till season 3 to be more proactive about it. Until then, the pros and streamers fall under the same system we all do.

Malvolent

11-14-2012

Quote:
Uh, Have you ever watched Dan Dinh, and DoubleLifts stream?

Exploding Barrel

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvolent View Post
I've heard some unpleasant stuff from Snoopeh too. Verbally I mean, haven't really squinted to read his in-game chat ever.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-14-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvolent View Post
I don't.. which is why I am collecting information to relay to the right people.