Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Playing as an ADC...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So i am typically a player who prefers to play ranged champions, mainly because I am incapable of multitasking buffs and reacting up close, such as Mundo for example. I can't time his abilities right and being so close to people just closes my gap, so I stick with ranged champions, most notably ADC's.

So i main two champions right now, Graves and Varus. I am having very up and down games, I play a game where I do decently, I play a game where I play not so well, and then I just play games where I do good and bad. I tend to play better as Varus, and idk if that's because I mainly go mid with him.

I want to get better with these two guys but I am having a trouble committing to situations, and I am having a trouble of knowing when to push, when to run, when to support, and when to generally act. As Graves, I tend to make stupid decisions that get me killed, such as dashing forward to buckshot someone only to get denied and slaughtered. As Varus, I tend to be unable to push consistently to get enough stacks to burst enough as would be wanted with him.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, and I try my best to stick with my team or lane partner whenever I can, but either the other team focuses me out or I am doing something wrong.

Does anyone have tips for me on how to analyze my situations properly and knowing how to operate with these two champions more consistently and effectively? I also wonder for when are good times to pop some of their abilities as well, as I think i might have bad timing as well.

Anyways, thank you to anyone who is willing to help a fellow LoLer out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Having a good support helps you out. It dictates how aggressive you can really be. I don't play Graves or Varus, but it's probably similar to all ACD's. Don't over-extend to the point where they can positions themselves to quickly kill you. Stay near your support, and have good awareness.

I know sometimes people get tunnel vision and focus on getting that kill or destroying a tower, but sometimes it's best to back off and not get a kill/tower then give their team 300 (if not more) gold.