Explain the purpose behind 2 of Kha'zix Ratio's being AP, yet its okay for Riven.....

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaarrjj

11-14-2012

...to have all of her ratio's be attack damage? Even her shield is Attack damage. And her ultimate increases ALL of her attack damage by 20% for her basic attacks! Basically giving her basic attacks a higher AD Ratio! She basically has 6 AD Ratios. Granted the Ultimate only lasts for 15 seconds, so most of the time it's 5 ratios, but timing is everything, and those 6 ratio's will be insane.

Riot, are you telling me that the 30 Ability Power from Tri-force (that you obviously want me to build) and the 40 ability power from Baron Buff is what you had in mind for my W Heal and my Passive for having an Ability Power Ratio?

Do you realize that Kha'zix scales like **** because of this? Change his passive to deal physical damage if you must, I'm fine with that, but his passive HAS to scale with some form of attack damage. Change the base damage values, or magic damage to physical damage, do whatever it is you have to do. But you've purposely set this champion up to fail when it comes to scaling, to keep him relevant. Especially in a team fight. The new item's aren't going to help.

Here's what I want. When I build damage, I want to be a threat as long as I build appropriately. At ANY stage of the game. I don't want free damage from the base values of my passive. I want my passive to scale with me at all stages of the game with a proper AD Ratio. I build damage, I expect damage. Especially on an Assassin. The early stages of the game with an evolved Q are great. But what about around the time I'm getting baron down? I'm pretty much food for everyone because my damage just isn't there. It completely gimps certain champions when you don't give them the proper scaling they need from the gear they build. I want late game relevance, and the only way I'm going to get that is if my abilities are scaling just as efficiently as everyone elses.

Here's what I'm not looking for
- For Kha'zix's Ability Power ratio's and base damage/healing values to directly translate to Attck Damage. That would be stupidly overpowered.

Just stop feeding me Ability Power ratio's on champions that clearly have no place for them in any significant way.

*********EDIT*********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manslayer2010 View Post
I want everyone to realize AP is an offensive stat, yet scales on shields. Also rumble builds AP and gets a free AP shield. PROBLEM?! Also as for Riven, it is because her base values are trash. About it.
This thread isn't about Riven being overpowered. I think she's fine. It's where every single god damn AD Casters should be at in terms of scaling. I want a red to come in here, break it down logically and concisely, why Riven's scaling is supposedly bad. Because I think this is what needs to happen to every single AD Caster.

Diagnosis

11-14-2012

Zed gets 25% bonus AD passively.

What are you crying about again?

Uber Bonisseur

11-14-2012

Ability power increases the power of abilities

Or you could just get AD ratios and a nerf on base values to compensate, making both the change pointless and killing any potential AP build

If anything, Riven is the problem

HappyAndHazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

The guy who made Riven (I forget his name) said something along the lines that he regretted giving Riven a shield that scales off AD and wont be making the same mistake in the future, or something.

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Baron buff.

Susskind

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Bonisseur View Post

This. But as soon as you say anything about her, Riven-fanboys will down vote you :P

Skaarrjj

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAndHazy View Post
The guy who made Riven (I forget his name) said something along the lines that he regretted giving Riven a shield that scales off AD and wont be making the same mistake in the future, or something.
Why? Was there ever any mention as to why he felt that way?

Voidgolem

11-14-2012

Do you realize that evolved W is probably the single best poke in the game?

Skaarrjj

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Bonisseur View Post
Ability power increases the power of abilities

Or you could just get AD ratios and a nerf on base values to compensate, making both the change pointless and killing any potential AP build

I personally would love a nerf to the base damage values on Kha'zix Passive as long as he get's an AD Ratio, and it's valid from start to the end of the game, allowing him to keep up with everyone else's item progressions so long as he builds damage.

I feel like when I'm building damage, I'm simply doing it wrong.

AK47WOLF

11-14-2012

Explain the purpose behind Kha'zix existing, yet it's okay for me to be terrible.

Sincerely,

Talon

12345 ... 11