Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zed, the Redundant Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabrestrike

11-14-2012

Quote:
Mirehn:
I don't mind new champs. I love new champions. But I was hoping to gauge the community's reaction to another assassin champ. We've had Rengar, Kha'zix, Elise and now Zed. That's four champions that fulfill the same exact role. The League needs new supports, champs with higher durability (not sustain) and less mobility. Right now, mobility creep is becoming a serious problem, and is negating many skill shot based champs that have lock downs.

Well, I agree that we're seeing a bit too many assassin champs in a row but I would argue that elise is not really in the same vein as Kha Zix, Rengar or Zed. The fact that she focuses on magic damage and is generally half caster half assassin places her away from the other three. To be fair assassin was a somewhat underrepresented class for a while, but I think Riot could have spaced them out better (the same way we had Darius Draven and Jayce in a row and it felt like generic male character month.

As far as supports go, apparently there's a female support slated for before the end of the year so either this coming champ or the one after that. It's said to possess a heal but nothing Soraka tier.

Thundersquall

12-01-2012

Quote:
Ezrabar:
Because riot hates making money right?

Stupid thing to say. As if they dont have other ways of making cash then just Champions? Like Boosts, skins, etc?

Vanra

12-01-2012

Well in Zed's favor, at least he's not a clone of Rengar like Kha'Zix was. And really they're both just what you get if you take away Shaco's clones and JitB and give him increased burst to compensate.

AnonTwo

12-01-2012

Yes, because as we all know All assassins are exactly the same

Also irelia is an assassin.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-01-2012

It's funny because Zed is disgustingly weak.

chumbler

12-01-2012

Quote:
Reynfall:
It's funny because Zed is disgustingly weak.

Yeah this is wrong.

Also I have to laugh at the guy who says Elise is worthless. I guess you didn't notice that she's a top ban at high Elo of late, guy?

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

12-01-2012

Quote:
chumbler:
Yeah this is wrong.

Yeah except no.

Holy Malevolence

12-02-2012

So we had one **** bruiser, one assassin, one anti-bruiser, and one **** AD caster.

They're actually rather different.