How do I get a loss forgiven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BluntForceOne

11-26-2012

Matchmaking just placed a friend and I (we're both unranked) with three 1300 players. The enemy team had 1x1300, 3x1400, and a 1550....riot trolled us.

CamaHa

11-26-2012

U don't. Only happens when Riot got server issues.

Edit: Well..... Looks like you need to play some more normals then :P

BluntForceOne

11-26-2012

whatever, i'm gonna create a support ticket methinks

edit: lol, why downvote this? It's something that can improve the consistency and balance of ranked matchmaking, that improves everyone's experience I would think.

CourtOfMiracles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

That sounds like a failure of the matchmaking system, but I seriously doubt you could get a loss forgiven for that. Especially since your elo score would decrease by a smaller amount than average, seeing as the odds were that you would lose that game.

Arcane Azmadi

11-26-2012

Aww, you lost a game because your opponents were better than you. Now Riot needs to kiss it better because obviously it wasn't FAIR that you lost so you don't deserve to lose any Elo.

When did you mother stop breastfeeding you anyway? Before you entered high school?

BluntForceOne

11-26-2012

Nope, my Elo dropped by the usual amount.

As far as all the "qq you lost." This is a pretty good thing to bring to Riots' attention. Issues like this easily compromise the integrity of the ranked matchmaking as a whole.

Razekal

11-26-2012

Except it doesn't.

Matchmaking will use this data, it will know "Hey, this guy got stomped by 1300-1500's in his placement matches. I should put him up against less skilled opponents next time". This actually strengthens matchmaking by ensuring you're actually challenged right off the bat instead of stomping the 1000-1200's.

Take it as a compliment from matchmaking, it thought you could win that game.

BluntForceOne

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razekal View Post
Except it doesn't.

Matchmaking will use this data, it will know "Hey, this guy got stomped by 1300-1500's in his placement matches. I should put him up against less skilled opponents next time". This actually strengthens matchmaking by ensuring you're actually challenged right off the bat instead of stomping the 1000-1200's.

Take it as a compliment from matchmaking, it thought you could win that game.
I'm not sure how matchmaking should think we're going to win a game with a combined elo 900 less than the enemy team. I could understand if we were at least close in rating, but 900...and we're both outside of our placement matches. By "unranked" I meant, "under 1150." Thought I clarified that up top already.

Edit: Everyone in the game was outside of their placement matches btw.