Zed vs Kat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skorrne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

So after playing Zed, I couldn't help but compare his Q and E to Katarina's Q and W. This got me thinking: Why pick Zed when you can play Kat?

1) Both are manaless.

A huge plus for both obviously. But Katarina doesn't have to deal with a resource whatsoever, so I give the slight edge to her.

2) Zed forces an AP player to play top.

Unless you are in high elo, it may not always be the case that a teammate can do this.

3) Zed can jungle.

This is probably the biggest plus in Zed's favor. He is versatile, whereas Kat is not.

4) Both have an excellent escape.

Not sure whose is "better" though. Kat's gives damage reduction, but on the other hand, you need to actually have a target to Shunpo to. With Zed, you can just use it freely (though the CD is rough).

5) The ults.

This is where it seems like Kat wins. If you can use the ult without getting CC'd immediately, it seems that Kat is the clear winner. Maybe that's always the case with Kat, but isn't that a point in her favor?

What are your thoughts, community? Is Zed ever a better pick than Kat for mid lane?

A Vitriolic Cat

11-14-2012

Zed's benefit is that his ultimate is SILLY for ganks. So, I think he can really contribute a huge amount of burst from the jungle, while also having his shadow which is great for improving his range/initiating a gank. I think too many people are trying to play him mid and not taking the ninja to the shadows, where he belongs.

Unfortunate Frog

11-14-2012

AD vs AP as well

YDemon

11-14-2012

kat is aoe and rely on team to get him cd resets, where zed is i will dive and kill your ad unless you have a kayle ult

Colbyjack7

11-14-2012

Katarina is better in almost any situation, has AOE damage and a reset on all her abilities. Zed just kills 1 person then dies. Katarina kills 1 person then resets and kills your whole team.

Zerowinsinlife

05-12-2013

Zed beats Katarina in almost every way. Not sure what your problem is. You can harras better by throwing out your shadow and then shuriken, and early game your burst is much better. Once you get a few kills you should snowball off of them and win easy

AdmiralAardvark

05-12-2013

Zed makes your ADC disappear. Every time, no exceptions, if the player is competent.

Katarina CAN make your whole team disappear, IF she waits around to snag an assist and start reset snowballing. IF the enemy team reacts poorly, and IF their team doesn't have the CC/tankiness to block her from doing her thing. Which competent teams typically do.

Faemles

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerowinsinlife View Post
Zed beats Katarina in almost every way. Not sure what your problem is. You can harras better by throwing out your shadow and then shuriken, and early game your burst is much better. Once you get a few kills you should snowball off of them and win easy
its not about who would win a 1v1 its abut which is better for the team and in my opinion. besides them both being assassins their play styles are completely different and fufill 2 diferent roles.

Zerowinsinlife

05-12-2013

pretty much agree with AdmiralAardvark. In lower tiers, katarina is more deadly, for people arent as smart and kat is relatively easy to play. In the higher tiers, zed has much more potential and can wreck your day if the player is good.

YDemon

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerowinsinlife View Post
why are you fking dumb enough to necro a thread that was posted before the s3 item overhaul?